• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

I'm thinking of buying a scooter?!?....

vveerrgg

TRIBE Promoter
am i crazy? well maybe...... I can't afford the motorcycle I want, and insurance is insane anyways. But I like moving around the city and would quit the TTC in a minute if I didn't have to peddle. (riding a bike is just to much work some days)

On the weekend I was at McBrides and saw a Yamaha Vino125. Which is just about powerful enough to be really useful. So now I'm thinking about... like fer real. Anyone on here who owns a scooter willing to give advice? cautions etc?

help.....

Last edited:
Cannabis Seed Wedding Bands

vinder

TRIBE Member
ohverg.jpg

Evil Dynovac

TRIBE Member
They're really cool and if I could I would use one in the city instead of the car.

You still need a licence however, just like a motorbike, and the insurance is comparable, I hear.

They're sweet in the summer though. Good on gas and the wind's in your hair.

vveerrgg

TRIBE Promoter
I did a search, didn't see anything really good... that thread was useful, but I wasn't about to *bump* it. Is there anyone other then Jeremy who has a scooter?

PSSSsT: Vinder, use a picture that IS SAFE FOR WORK. ;) I don't mind the attention, but it would be nice if you picked something I could leave on my screen.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

vinder

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by vveerrgg
I did a search, didn't see anything really good... that thread was useful, but I wasn't about to *bump* it. Is there anyone other then Jeremy who has a scooter?

PSSSsT: Vinder, use a picture that IS SAFE FOR WORK. ;) I don't mind the attention, but it would be nice if you picked something I could leave on my screen.

maybe you should be doing work then :p

or make sure that if you're actually going to slack off, no one's gonna bust you for it :p

now everyone feel free to flame away for that comment

p.s. it's warm, we need to go to fez for beers again

defazman

TRIBE Member
If you want a lower price on the bike and insurance, get a Ninja 500 or 250. Even the 250 would be fine for around town, and still be more fun to drive than a scooter (I'm assuming, I've never driven a scooter).

vveerrgg

TRIBE Promoter
I was thinking of getting a small bike, but I really just want something for kicking around the city that's really manuverable. as well as something I could park on a sidewalk and not have it be too big. a scooter would be perfect. there are a couple of ppl who park them around here. so I was thinkin... i might join in.....

PsssT: Vinder,.... this is a cleaner version of that pic... :p I work in a cubicle with 3 other ppl. it's evil to be tribing it up somedays.... they all think the board is crazy

MoFo

TRIBE Member
Oh, and don't be a such a hipster. Get a vintage one. :) Hottest things ever. This guy at my school drives one and it's fantastic. Old, beat-up but just looks so fucking cool. Like, Harley cool.

I still remember smoking outside my work and talking about Vespas. Then Mr. Jeremy rides right by with his little ass sticking out like a fly girl on In Living Colour.

So cute.

Rocky

TRIBE Member
Here's my baby. It's a piece of shit, but it's gets me to where I'm going. They're fun ass hell, but I imagine that driving in the Taipei traffic is much more fun than it would be driving in Toronto.

us_scooter_01.jpg

ninja

TRIBE Member
Scooters are great fro the city. really great on fuel and parking is easy. Go for the Vespa if your goign to get one though. they're so stylish and nice.
lots of people ride them out here but theres no winter here so its alot more practical.

vveerrgg

TRIBE Promoter
Originally posted by The Operator
Yamaha Vino.

That's all that needs to be said.
thats the one I was looking at...

they just came out with a 125 version and that's more then decent for city driving. anything less doesn't run with the pack in anything BUT downtown traffic.

BUT........

the more I think about it... like riding out to the burbs' or something, the more I think maybe a scooter wouldn't be the best idea.

I'm still thinking about it... but it "seems" like a decent idea.

The Operator

TRIBE Member
Scooter = no highway driving. For the most part. I mean, you can get real fast scooters, but the economical ones will be either 49 or 79 ccs which means you can't go more than 80 kmph. In the city it works like a charm, but you can't really open er up on one of those. I have wanted a Vino for so long. They are the nicest looking scooters IMHO.

madnezz

TRIBE Member
i really want one too, but i'd be kind of afraid to drive them in toronto.... toronto drivers just arent used to scooters....

Humanjava

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by vveerrgg
thats the one I was looking at...

they just came out with a 125 version and that's more then decent for city driving. anything less doesn't run with the pack in anything BUT downtown traffic.

BUT........

the more I think about it... like riding out to the burbs' or something, the more I think maybe a scooter wouldn't be the best idea.

I'm still thinking about it... but it "seems" like a decent idea.

I am all about one of the 200 Vespa's. Even if Scooter are terrible for pollution.

Puma

TRIBE Member
your better of with a bike.. buy a cheeper older bike and you can get around town and go to the burbs if needed. It's safer too couse you will be able to ride ahead of traffic if need unlike on the scooter where cars/trucks dodge you on the road..

Also the engine is small and simple so you can do a lot of the repairs your self.

OhNo!

TRIBE Member
yeah get the cool stylish vespa.then you can drive to urban outfitters and get some cool threads to go with that cool scooter,then go ride around queen w all day.

maddog

TRIBE Member
ya cuz everyone that drive's a Vespa does it so they can hot dog around Queen st. west in their new thread's from Urban Outshitters