• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

I'm starting a punk band called Iraqi Chopper.

OTIS

TRIBE Member
Two pilots were killed today when a US Army OH-58 Kiowa Warrior helicopter attached to the 101st Airborne Division crashed in northern Iraq.

On January 2, an Army OH-58 Kiowa Warrior helicopter was shot down near the central city of Fallujah, killing one pilot.

Six days later, an Army Black Hawk medevac helicopter was shot down by a rocket near Fallujah, killing all nine US soldiers aboard.

A US Army Apache attack helicopter was brought down by apparent enemy fire on January 13, but both crew members escaped injury.

On November 15, two US Army Black Hawk helicopters collided and crashed in Mosul, killing 17 American soldiers in the US military’s worst single loss of life since the Iraq war began.

================

Is it me, or is the rate of chopper crashes/shoot downs unusually large given the level of hostility/conditions in Iraq?

Vote Quimby

TRIBE Member
If I remember correctly, the helicopters had to be adapted to fly in the desert conditions. Something about the sand fucking up all the working parts.

You think that a defence contractor might actually build a copter to fly in ALL conditions. Or that the Pentagon would request one. Guess not.

Puma

TRIBE Member
those shoulder mounted rpg's are quite effective..

best thing any guerilla army could invest in.

chipotle

Well-Known TRIBEr
Originally posted by Puma

funny 'cause it is true.

"let's invest!" <<< guerrilla member.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

OTIS

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Puma

It's funny.. the one where one chopper smashed into another was a result of him trying to deak out an RPG. I wonder if the dud said "BONUS" when he scored that shot.