• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

I'm sorry but..

jeffpayne

TRIBE Member
...Methodmen kick ass. For those of you who weren''t around for these fuckers..I'm sorry you never understood...

jeffpayne

TRIBE Member
New York City from what I heard. I would love to see those two back together for a 'one off' thing. MWE are you listening?????

:)

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Destro Sanchez

TRIBE Member
i dunno...his productions were always tight..

but sometimes i fell asleep during his sets
(Ruskin/phryl party comes to mind..)

he started droppin the techy-trance stuff that loses me quick...

but his Industry days were pretty solid.
:)

Destro

Kevan Duke

TRIBE Member
dunno what anyone here is talking about... Mario J always bored me to TEARS. It always sounded like he was playing the same track, and that one was a dry, run-of-the-mill, ungroovy "pound-pound-pound" one at that.

Nesta

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Destro Sanchez

he started droppin the techy-trance stuff that loses me quick...
he always said that oliver lieb was one of his main influences.
i for one loved his style...very dark and twisted!

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

Da grunj

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Destro Sanchez

but his Industry days were pretty solid.
I walked into Industry right after Basement Jax had finished. Methodmen litterally killed me. I liked to get killed!

derek

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Da grunj

I walked into Industry right after Basement Jax had finished. Methodmen litterally killed me. I liked to get killed!
Your lucky you walked in after basement jax...they packed it so tight, I left. Could dance, shit couldn't breath (seriously).

orange richie

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Nesta

he always said that oliver lieb was one of his main influences.
i for one loved his style...very dark and twisted!
Yeah man! I heard almost every set Mario J. dropped at Industry. Sometimes he was off but usually he took me on journeys to far away places. :p The trancy 'Oliver Leibish' sound made his music soooo moody I felt like I was walking through a dark cave and his programming directed where I went... ;) <---Wow, strange analogy.

Rickardo Belmiro de la Cruz...

d.code

TRIBE Member
I liked alot of Mario J's sets.
I used to have a Method Men live tape. I recorded it off of FTWK one night when a headliner didnt show so they hard Kenny and Mario do it up on 4 with a bunch of live stuff!

Method 11:11 is a pretty tight label too.

The Truth

TRIBE Member
I ran into Mario J the other day...he's been living in Toronto for the past year after a stint in NYC. He is working with a "rock" group in a Radiohead type sound. He said he is currently doing some hip-hop production and that the techno/house stuff will be in the pipeline as well.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders