• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

I'm moving to the Netherlands

stargurl*

TRIBE Member
Well, I've just returned from the Dutch consulate. They took all of my papers and told me to come back in a week to get my passport, so I assume that means my visa is approved.

I'll be leaving Canada on April 26, and living in Eindhoven for a year.

<insert huge grin here>

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

CIRCE (Sir C)

TRIBE Member
Awesome...you'll love it.
As a Canadian, you'll find everything really accessible; by that I mean that everything is a drive away - Canada is 100,000 square km larger than all of Europe :)

stargurl*

TRIBE Member
deevah said:
congrats!
is this the thing that made you scared and excited?
Indeed :)

Wouter and I rented an apartment last week, then I also had to book my flight and get travel insurance and everything before submitting my visa application - putting out that much money with no guarantee of a visa was a bit scary.

But, we've got a place to live right in the centre of the city, I won't be too far from my other friends who live over there... I'm super excited.

Lovely N Amazin

TRIBE Member
nice! i'm going there for the first time in a couple of weeks. if you haven't already, check out expatica.com for great tips and testimonials.

so ... is twelve days too much to spend in amsterdam? i wanted to visit other cities (haarlem, delft, hague, utrecht, maastricht) but am considering doing day trips or an overnight for maastricht.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

stargurl*

TRIBE Member
Shug said:
Did they make you watch the video of topless women and guys making out?
Nah, for the working holiday program, we're except from all of the inburgering (integration) requirements.

Canadians are except from that initial video / test stage anyway.

PRIMAL

TRIBE Member
stargurl* said:
Nah, for the working holiday program, we're except from all of the inburgering (integration) requirements.

Canadians are except from that initial video / test stage anyway.
? What's this video have to do with anything....maybe it's a joke I just don't get.

stargurl*

TRIBE Member
Lovely N Amazin said:
nice! i'm going there for the first time in a couple of weeks. if you haven't already, check out expatica.com for great tips and testimonials.

so ... is twelve days too much to spend in amsterdam? i wanted to visit other cities (haarlem, delft, hague, utrecht, maastricht) but am considering doing day trips or an overnight for maastricht.
I'm already on expatica, but thanks for the tip :)
I've been to the Netherlands four times now, and I've only visited Amsterdam once... last Tuesday, and I only stayed for a few hours. Of the other cities you've mentioned, I've been to Utrecht and Maastricht (almost ended up living in Maastricht). Amsterdam-Maastricht is about 2h30-2h50 (€38.20) on the train, so it's probably worth making it an overnight trip.

stargurl*

TRIBE Member
PRIMAL said:
? What's this video have to do with anything....maybe it's a joke I just don't get.
Foreigners who want to go to move to the Netherlands have to follow an integration program - the first step for people from most countries is an examination about your knowledge of Dutch society and language. The video is part of the preparation for the exam.

Ditto Much

TRIBE Member
stargurl* said:
Well, I've just returned from the Dutch consulate. They took all of my papers and told me to come back in a week to get my passport, so I assume that means my visa is approved.

I'll be leaving Canada on April 26, and living in Eindhoven for a year.

<insert huge grin here>

awe my moms home town!!

Lovely N Amazin

TRIBE Member
stargurl* said:
I'm already on expatica, but thanks for the tip :)
I've been to the Netherlands four times now, and I've only visited Amsterdam once... last Tuesday, and I only stayed for a few hours. Of the other cities you've mentioned, I've been to Utrecht and Maastricht (almost ended up living in Maastricht). Amsterdam-Maastricht is about 2h30-2h50 (€38.20) on the train, so it's probably worth making it an overnight trip.
i think that's the best option. i've no set plans but i'd love to spend my entire time in holland instead of maybe going to berlin, which people can't stop raving about. plus you leaving on the 26th means you too will be there for queen's day ... :D technics1200 :O ch33se (not necessarily in that order!)