• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

I'm looking for two 1200 flight cases!

Alex D. from TRIBE on Utility Room

praktik

TRIBE Member
Just would point out an alternative is to use these and some kind of wrap around the package to safely transport:

I got two of these over the years, when moving last year was able to bring them to the new location with peace of mind! There's a central cut in the plastic design which you can use with a strap to keep the cover on

alexd

Administrator
Staff member
Just would point out an alternative is to use these and some kind of wrap around the package to safely transport:

I got two of these over the years, when moving last year was able to bring them to the new location with peace of mind! There's a central cut in the plastic design which you can use with a strap to keep the cover on
I'd never heard of those before. They would make nice dust covers but I'm looking for something that can survive a moving company's knocks or the back of a pickup truck. I reached out to George at Shakedown Sound for some used flight cases which I would prefer to get. Also reached out to Phil at Clydesdale (Canadian manufacturing FTW) and he can make me a couple but I'll have to pay more for them. If George can't find any, I'll likely buy from Clydesdale. Might get a couple of those polycarbonate covers for inside the house.

praktik

TRIBE Member
I'd never heard of those before. They would make nice dust covers but I'm looking for something that can survive a moving company's knocks or the back of a pickup truck. I reached out to George at Shakedown Sound for some used flight cases which I would prefer to get. Also reached out to Phil at Clydesdale (Canadian manufacturing FTW) and he can make me a couple but I'll have to pay more for them. If George can't find any, I'll likely buy from Clydesdale. Might get a couple of those polycarbonate covers for inside the house.
That's cool - when moving i try to take "sensitive" equipment and electronics in our rental car or whatever while movers take the rest of everything - so if you're throwing these on a car seat you control, having one of these lids on with a strap to keep it on is pretty safe/secure. Of course for your use-case, something more protective all around may be called for!

alexd

Administrator
Staff member
That's cool - when moving i try to take "sensitive" equipment and electronics in our rental car or whatever while movers take the rest of everything - so if you're throwing these on a car seat you control, having one of these lids on with a strap to keep it on is pretty safe/secure. Of course for your use-case, something more protective all around may be called for!
I'm likely doing a two stage move where my stuff will be in storage until I find a new location to buy. Thus the flight cases.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

xtcfreak

TRIBE Member
Alex, If you are unable to find them, i have used "deck savers" and then wrapped them up real nice using pallet wrap and a moving blanket. Deck savers are nice to have just to keep the dust out of yours do not have original lids.

edit: Also try System Music Warehouse (Pickering) for either.

Jay

alexd

Administrator
Staff member
Bought a pair of cases from George at Shakedown and they are excellent, well made pro cases for just a little more than the plastic tops.