• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

I'm going to post something

Taro

TRIBE Member
hey grant!!

what's up dude? how are things?

I need to get back to school - hahah...I'm broke and I still haven't finished my degree. yikes eh?

but, I've been trying to keep up my reading, which has been good. just need to sort out another job.

what are you doing now?

Muad'ib

Well-Known TRIBEr
i have been climbing and snowboarding this winter and letting my brain rest from school. life is pretty good out here though i wish there were a few more people around that had read some of the stuff that i have, i miss the drunken philosophy chats. i really haven't been reading that much work recently, but soon enough i'll get back on it. the list of books keeps getting bigger and bigger.

Taro

TRIBE Member
yeah I know what you mean about the chats - actually, I"m in need of them too even though I'm still here. the drunken chats are something that I really used to enjoy -

and yeah, sometimes it's a good thing to let the brain sit for a while. I often think that I don't do it enough - but I"m compulsive that way. :(
but hey, I'm not surrounded by beautiful nature like you are.
wish I had more money, cause I would love to come out. I haven't gone skiing this year (and it's basically over in toronto- winter is becoming shorter and shorter these days)

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Muad'ib

Well-Known TRIBEr
come out any time tim, know that you're welcome.

ps. mostly ice but i the rock season is fast approaching.

Taro

TRIBE Member
yeah I would love to. I"m mad broke lately though. I need a full time job, as my part-time job is just covering my means.

I've been working out some shit though - getting my bearings or something?
It's weird, the post academic life - and how I feel I'm not really ready to leave it. Something about the whole thing that I feel that I missed. Maybe it's the experience (as a relatively un-social place) of uoft coupled with not living in res which has left me feeling the presence of a void. I can't really say. At least teh education was good -

Muad'ib

Well-Known TRIBEr
dude i know how you feel. you and liam were like the only people at u of t i actually got to know a little bit as i never did the rez thing either. i have just accepted my time there for what it was and i don't feel like i am done with toronto or done with u of t or done with school. i felt the same way when i left last year, but i just had to find some things i was passionate about doing to remind myself that school has not defined my existence.

if you don't find a job soon come out west, plenty of opportunity out here.

;)

Taro

TRIBE Member
no..

I actually really liked the experience, and I'll be back next year (have to get that minor if I want to take my masters), but socially I think Grant and I are on the same page. It is really weird here - I don't meet people that I have a common basis of understanding. Not that I can't talk with other people and whatnot....

My parents, always referenced they're friends from uni as being those that 'stayed with them for life' or whatever, and I've not had that experience at all. I haven't really met anyone that I would consider a really close friend at university. It's been a really odd and somewhat disjointed social experience to be honest.

what are you taking Temper Tantrum?

kmac

TRIBE Member
There's really no reason to go unless you have to. But if you do find yourself there it's not that bad.

Taro

TRIBE Member
I was under that impression..

a friend of mine lives there - she always tries to get me to come out, but really it's too far to make the trek.

Muad'ib

Well-Known TRIBEr
winnipeg sucks ass. it is like edmonton only smaller, dirtier, and more crime ridden.

edit- 7500 woooooo!

donovan

TRIBE Member
the actual inhabitants for the most part are some of the nicest people, and the girls, damn... (to quote jelo while he was here: "i was horny as hell when i left the club") must be something in the water?! and the clublife/afterhours/party circuit is vibrant and overflowing with talent

but the down sides are nasty too

high violent crime rate
winters are cold as all fawgin hell
too many slummy skuzzy neighborhoods
shitty roads
no cities close-by
only 1 "Harvey's" in the city

and WTF is THIS all about?

http://www.barraclou.com/photo/highway/confusion.jpg

Last edited: