• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

im fucked, really need tribe help

jebac

TRIBE Member
heres the story.

last monday i went to training (kickboxcing) and after an intense session i managed to sweat out buckets and was really hot and sweaty. i left the gym in a thin tshirt and a thin jacket and outside mustve been minus 10, maybe more.

so the next day i start getting sick, and 2 days from that i have a fever my head is cogested my nose as well ive got a cough. ive had a fever almost every night and atleast once throughout the day. in fact i have one right now. ive been taking rexal day/nighttime flu pills and vitamins but i dont think its helping. anyone else suffering? are there alot of sick people out there? i feel like utter shit

-jebac

sugar

TRIBE Member
Acetaminophen (aka Tylenol) will help bring down your fever. Cough/cold meds will help dry up your nose and quiet your cough temporarily, but won't cure you. I find a good old hot water bottle or heating pad helps a lot when you have the chills from a fever. But nothing *really* makes it stop. I also recommend rolling around in bed making self-pitying moaning noises to help with the anger you feel about being sick and achey.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

sugar

TRIBE Member
It's almost like a sex moan, but more constipated-sounding and high pitched. And more whiney. And you have to make puppy-dog eyes and pout.

the_fornicator

TRIBE Member
I usually sweat the living shit out of my fevers.

I throw some towels over my pillows, plop on 3 blankets, some sweats, a shirt, a toque and pop a ton of tylenol and go to sleep. It takes a couple tries to get to sleep first cause you usually wake up cause it's really hot. In that case, I take off the touque and all is well.

wake up just drenched in sweat and feeling a ton better.

gotta clean the sheets after every night though when you do that. I hate sleeping in dirty sheets.

Thumpr

TRIBE Member
this is one of the most widely accepted myths out there. a body's exposure to cold air has absolutely nothing to do with its susceptibility to cold and flu viruses. you most likely got it from touching gym equipment with a virus on it, or from any door handle etc. in the two days before you had symptoms.

ALEKSANDRA

TRIBE Member
My mommy always taught me NEVER to walk outside in the cold if your body temp is HIGH (due to exercise) for your exact reason. 10 seconds.. 10 minutes.. doesn't matter. Mom's know. LOL

As for your comment on sickness floating around... Ya there are a lot of sick ppl now, but I haven't seen any as severe as you.. Just colds and coughs. Maybe go see a doc.. Having that many fever's can't be good.
I feel your pain though.. I've been through a lot of health shit... Hope you get better quickly.

soulbrother 10

TRIBE Member
Yeah I'm just coming out of a nasty bout of flu myself. Knocked me flat. Didn't sweat the fever but shivered and shook all one night. Now I've got the hacking cough. But I feel like my energy is returning so I expect I'll probably be at work tomorrow.

NemIsis

TRIBE Member
Just got over my flu... Chicken soup!! Even when you don't have a cold, it makes you feel alll warm and snuggly like :p

Joe Seven

TRIBE Member
Thumpr said:
this is one of the most widely accepted myths out there. a body's exposure to cold air has absolutely nothing to do with its susceptibility to cold and flu viruses. you most likely got it from touching gym equipment with a virus on it, or from any door handle etc. in the two days before you had symptoms.
I disagree. It's true that there is no direct link between cold exposure and getting "sick", but cold temperatures do weaken the immune system, which we all know is the body's primary means of defense against infectious organisms. When our immune system is weak, all sorts of bad things can happen. The link seems obvious enough to me.

I find Oregano Oil is a good remedy for cold and flu symptoms. It works better than anything else I've tried. You can find it at most health food stores for about $15-25 per bottle. Dose hard on vitamin C too - 4000mg per day or more. Also, cut up some ginger and garlic, add boiling water and lemon juice and drink.

solacevip

TRIBE Promoter
Thumpr said:

Thumpr is right......the cold air could lower your immune system...and gyms are riddled with germs.

The fever should subside within max 3-4 days.....I had a fever for a week......took flu medicine and everything.....and it kinda worked....but then I went right back into flu like symptoms. I went to the doctor and found out that I had a sinus infection......sinusitis....which triggers flu like symptoms but you don't have the flu. Go see a doctor if the over the counter medicine doesn't provide you relief after a few days.

Being sick...is just :eek:

sheik rock

TRIBE Member
Bluh...just a reminder always wash your hands when you're done working out.

I got pink eye form my gym once...never again.

djdeposit

TRIBE Member
sheik rock said:
Bluh...just a reminder always wash your hands when you're done working out.
Oh man this is the worst.
I never really wore gloves, but then I began thinking whats on the weights.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

Caz

TRIBE Member
i dont want to sound like a dick, thats way to tribe cliche. Seriously though, go see a doctor, no one here can help you :)

Resolver

TRIBE Member
"A woman that I know just came from Majorca, Spain,
She smiled because I did not understand.
Then she held out a 10 pound bag of cocaine.
She said it was the finest in the land.
And I said, "No no no no, I don't sniff it no more.
I'm tired of waking up on the floor.
No thank you, please, it only makes me sneeze.
And then it makes it hard to find the door."

--Ringo Starr--

AgentSanchez

TRIBE Promoter
Thumpr said:
Strenuous Excercise, however, can leave you more susceptible to illness.

lucky1

TRIBE Member
caz said:
i dont want to sound like a dick, thats way to tribe cliche. Seriously though, go see a doctor, no one here can help you :)

the doctor won't give you anything, or tell you anything different then what's been said here..

Jebac, you are describing how I spend my entire vacation... it totally bit. evertime I stood up I thought i'd faint... I crawled fromt the bed to the couch after a day. Sweated through my entire t-shirt and pj drawer. I had the fever for four days and nights striaght. two extra strength tylenol every three hours barely touched it. Then i had a cough for an entire month.

tylenol is good. Neo citron is good. Juice and soup Good! if you don't feel improvement after a week thn it may warrant a doc visit.

Last edited:
tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories