• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

I'm climbing the CN tower this saturday

MartyMcFly

TRIBE Promoter
I see it all the time, so I thought "why not".
is anyone else going to do this?

CN TOWER (wwf.ca)

"All species depend on a healthy, natural world for survival. WWF’s mission is to stop the degradation of the planet’s natural environment and to build a future in which humans live in harmony with nature. Climb the CN Tower and help support World Wildlife Fund Canada. With each step you take, you're helping to protect endangered species.

Help us celebrate the 12th Anniversary of the Canada Life CN Tower Climb for World Wildlife Fund.

Climb 1776 stairs to the top of a wonder of the modern world."

j-Hi

TRIBE Member
I've always wanted to try this - and I will...someday - but unfortunately I won't be in town on Saturday.

How many floors is 1776 stairs? Probably way more than the 6 that take my breath away on the climb to my apartment!

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

that 420 guy

TRIBE Member
it's a challenge

climbing the stairs of the cn tower is a a great challenge and a lot of fun.

i made the climb last fall for the united way. it takes the average person between 25-30 minutes to make the climb. the fastest recorded time when i climbed was just over 12 minutes.

don't get too excited at the bottom of the stairs, you'll need your energy most at the end.

the shittiest thing about climbing the stairs is that they do not let you carry water. a thirty minute workout without water! they are afraid that if water gets spilled on the stairs it would cause a hazard. i think people collapsing from dehydration is a more serious concern.

after climbing those stairs, i've never looked at the cn the same again.

enjoy the climb marty.

- that 24 minute guy :cool:

MartyMcFly

TRIBE Promoter
well if Im going alone...
then I will wear my TRIBE SHIRT and represent!!!!

I wonder if I can have a puff half way.......... :D

swenard

TRIBE Member
I walk up one flight of stairs and I have to rest for a week!!!

If I climbed the cn tower it would be on someone else back!!!!

that 420 guy

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by MartyMcFly
well if Im going alone...
then I will wear my TRIBE SHIRT and represent!!!!

I wonder if I can have a puff half way.......... :D
every 4-5 sets of stairs there is a paramedic just in case a climber needs medical attention...so it's kinda hard to get away with smoking in there.

i always thought that the stairs were the windowed part of the tower base, but it's not. the stairs are right in the middle of the tower and it is very gray..no windows at all, just flourescent lighting. *ew*

have fun marty.

- that 4/20 guy :cool:

Bumbaclat

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by that 420 guy
i always thought that the stairs were the windowed part of the tower base, but it's not. the stairs are right in the middle of the tower and it is very gray..no windows at all, just flourescent lighting. *ew*
really? I watched this show about a guy who bunny-hopped his bike all the way up the CN tower and it looked like he was in the glass part.

Bumbaclat

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

JimmyJam

TRIBE Member
lol

Hey Marty, You know what? I'm going to be up there saying congratulations to you, I'm helping out with the volunteers. I might be at the finnish line hehe

I have to get up at 4:30am to get down there..I still haven't figured out how I'm getting down there.

I still have to find out if I have time to climb it.

Remember there are only exits every 200 feet. Nothing will be allowed as carry on other than most likely your wallet and car keys.

No walkmans. No water bottles. There will be people stationed with paper cups for water, bottles prevent accidents from garbage being amounted up the steps.

CP 24 or City TV are mostly likely going to film some of the finnishers.

Good Luck Marty see ya at the top!

voytek

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by -Mercury-
4:20

:D
hehe, you is well cleva Tony!;)

I'd climb it if they'd let me to it on the outside, with giant plunger-type suction cups attachhed to my knees and hands... Perhaps I could get sponsored by that new movie that's coming out, that's not a sequel to Arachnophobia... ooh, oh, I's well cleva myself...

[post no. 82, well in procrastination mode now!]

Temper Tantrum

TRIBE Member
That's WICKED and for a great organization. Le yay for you!

I would definetly do this if I was there , I've never climbed, but want too.

~allie~

~Loress~

TRIBE Member
I was thinking of doing this but i dont think its gunna happen...being 4/20 and all...

~Lori <-----gunna be BAKED all day tomorrow :D

Temper Tantrum

TRIBE Member
Marty, I know it's a bit late but is it still possible to sponsor you? You should have asked on tribe. This sort of charity is my favourite. Vegimatarian tree lover that I am ;)

Good luck tomorrow!

~allie~

MartyMcFly

TRIBE Promoter
thanks T.T.
I didnt collect any sponsors..
I'm just paying the $30 registration fee...

the bitch of this all is I dJ'd in barrie last night..
I left the bar @ 3:ish & arrived home around 4:20 ;)
I just woke up from a power nap..

this should be fun day.

MartyMcFly

TRIBE Promoter
sO exhausted, but I DID IT!!!
I stopped a couple of times .... my final time 31:00 mins.
what a great experience!!!
thats two cool toronto things Ive done in my life so far.
the other..
I particpated as a dancer/performer
during the opening ceremonies @ sky dome.

good night... good day.. whatever :) its april twenty
cant wait tOo wake up and bake up.
Happy 420 to those celebrating.
and happy one month of spring for those who dont.

zzzzzzzzz..........