• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Im A Serious Old-School Head.

OhNo!

TRIBE Member
really and it is my duty to reccomend some tracks that you must absolutley seek out and download.to me they are essential for any true head,great beats and sick lyrics.

Def Jef-Droppin' Rhymes On Drums

Stezo-Its My Turn

Twin Hype-Do It To The Crowd

P.R.T.-Rock Dis Funky Joint

RedHead KingPin And The F.B.I.-Do The Right Thang

Cannabis Seed Wedding Bands

zoo

TRIBE Member
i used to know this guy in highschool that only listened to rock from the 70's

and i know this guy right now that only listens to limp bizkit, linkin park, and "classic" 80's retro you might hear at whisky saigon or any "girl" bar

is "old school hiphop" the new retro 80's?

i can't wait for timelife to sell a "late 80's/early90's oldschool hiphop" and have late night infomercials with those scrolling song titles that are colour yellow when the current track is playing

dicksherwood

TRIBE Member
I can't wait to play Enter the 36 Chambers for my kids..."This is what daddy listened to"

a lot different than moms playing some old Beatles LP's

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

OhNo!

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by KickIT
Dude.. where's the Special Ed

Got it Made
I'm the Magnificent

*c*

i was just dropping some more lesser known artists from that time,perhaps you've heard it perhaps not.but i just assumed everyone has heard special eds the magnificent,i got it made,think about it or the mission.

maddog

TRIBE Member
some old skool gems I recently grabbed on wax.......

Rockberry jam(instrumental) by the L.A Dream Team
Confusion(instrumental) by New Order
B and Rakim's- Juice(know the ledge):D

roojew

bboyrds

TRIBE Member
Marley Marl - Droppin Science
Marley Marl - The Symphony
Big Daddy Kane - Set It Off
MC Serch - Back to the Grill

terrawrist III

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by bboyrds
Marley Marl - Droppin Science
Marley Marl - The Symphony
Big Daddy Kane - Set It Off
MC Serch - Back to the Grill

YES...all about marley...no doubt he was the preemo of HIS day

I still get the droppin science comp in the player on a daily basis!

"droppin science as if I was clumsy" :)

dicksherwood

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by maddog
Im down with the wu, but to play it for your kids? I just don't see the point in that

show them what real hip hop is. and besides all parents secretly want their kids to like their music....it means the parents are still cool.

Roxanne Shanté baby!

Destro Sanchez

TRIBE Member
........so does old school only mean 87-88????

;)

what about:

Treacherous Three?
Busy Bee?
Just Ice?
Melle Mel, Furious Five?
Dimples D?
Freeez Force?
L'Trimm?

and to recommend that people seek these 'old school' tracks out and DOWNLOAD them........this is coming from the Anti-final scratch anti CD dj?!?

(or is it ok to rip off hiphop classics from the net, just not your friends techno 12"s??)

Destro
BUY IT!

terrawrist III

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Destro Sanchez

;)

what about:

Treacherous Three?
Busy Bee?
Just Ice?
Melle Mel, Furious Five?
Dimples D?
Freeez Force?
L'Trimm?

and to recommend that people seek these 'old school' tracks out and DOWNLOAD them........this is coming from the Anti-final scratch anti CD dj?!?

(or is it ok to rip off hiphop classics from the net, just not your friends techno 12"s??)

Destro
BUY IT!
\

for real...it's hard to have a proper say on hip hop if you ain't heard this shit!...shante,melle mel, even the ol' scratch masters...takin it back to the busy to the BEEEE!...MC shan anyone?? :)

it's funny too how all these 80's cliched acts out in the last year(fannypack!??) all took their shit straight from L'TRIMM!!!...cars that go boom is the original sal n pepa shit

HMHA

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by poker face
Back in the Days of Carnival Records and MCM Hats.

ha ha! take me back to days past... my leather MCM hat was black and i used to dig in the crates, upstairs at carnival records...

THE BRIDGE IS OVER THE BRIDGE IS OVER!

OhNo!

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Destro Sanchez

;)

what about:

Treacherous Three?
Busy Bee?
Just Ice?
Melle Mel, Furious Five?
Dimples D?
Freeez Force?
L'Trimm?

Destro
BUY IT!

matt matt matt

...i never ever said old school hip-hop only refers to 87-88,give me some credit that you know i am deserving of.

...those are just some ill tracks that perhaps even the most knowledgeable head might not know,but i feel are true classics.

...yes,i did tell people to seek them out and download them...
TO LISTEN TO THEM!
most of those tracks will most likely not be available to preview in a shop,and to order them only and pay costly prices before you even know if your feeling them is not that wise.also i have also always been pro download and file sharing but I ALWAYS support artists and buy their music,but use file sharing as a tool to peep it before hand.

...and when have i said im anti FS or CD? I think your confusing me with doug.i merly have made comments on how i find it ironic that a tool such as FS could be detrimental to the already hurting dance record industry and its many producers and label owners,thats all.

...all in all i know your just stirring the pot,prick!;) :D

dabeats

TRIBE Member
OhNo! said:
really and it is my duty to reccomend some tracks that you must absolutley seek out and download.to me they are essential for any true head,great beats and sick lyrics.

Def Jef-Droppin' Rhymes On Drums

Stezo-Its My Turn

Twin Hype-Do It To The Crowd

P.R.T.-Rock Dis Funky Joint

RedHead KingPin And The F.B.I.-Do The Right Thang

stumbled across this thread and checked these tracks out and i`m getting schooled here...anyone else have anymore suggestions? loving the def jef

Rude1_247

TRIBE Member
I find the majority of threads in this forum end up being wank-fests with people trying to one up eachother with obscure references to artists they're hoping nobody else knew about for the sake of internet hip-hop infamy. This thread isn't there yet, but short of this post it would have been there right quick.

Destro Sanchez

TRIBE Member
Rude1_247 said:
I find the majority of threads in this forum end up being wank-fests with people trying to one up eachother with obscure references to artists they're hoping nobody else knew about for the sake of internet hip-hop infamy. This thread isn't there yet, but short of this post it would have been there right quick.

:rolleyes:

thanks for saving the rap room from wankin', again.

house, techno, breaks, sports, politics and other forums on Tribe have the same one-up-manshit.

shit, have you ever been to a 'real' hiphop forum. twice as lively and wankerish as this coffeehouse of a forum.

Destr;)

quest

TRIBE Member
Gotta get my 2 cents in people .....sorry!

Wow , glad too see the true' skoolers comin out of their shells (not shell' toes!) to bless this thread! As a fellow hip hop collector I must say the days of 88.1 ckln "Fantastic Voyage" program were incredible. The intro Ron did was simple but we just couldn't wait to hear that deep pitched voice say ....."Funk,...on 88.1....CKLN....The Fantastic Voyage Program....(drumroll). Then unlock the pause button to catch some early Cutmaster DC "Brooklyns in the House" followed by "The Original Human Beatbox" riff!! Once that was over at 4pm (3 60min. tapes that is!) off to Carnival Records , and for the real historians I mean Carnival Records beside Zanzibar upstairs TO THE RIGHT not the later version on the left. lol (Yes that was Tyrone Solomon from PTS!) My Audio 2 LP is still in A+ condition and let's get it straight Top Billin was a joint but "I Don't Care" and "Hickeys" were my bangers! If all else failed, off to Starsound just to catch a glimpse of who was behind that wall of theirs! lol (who would of thought I would end up right back there running the Hip Hop section with Traxx!) Then back on the train to race home and peep the albums I just copped'. (no one was gettin the 12"s) Cranked up that realistic CERAMIC turntable, did a quick jigga jigga' cut with the volume knob, then sat back popped in Mousetrap on my Colecovision and called it a day. Awwww them dayz...... To be continued.... Joey/ SoundQuest Ent. (aka .........Cancer of Zodiac City B-Boy crew! lol):cool: