• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

I'm a knob!

Hamza

TRIBE Member
So last night I tried to get some of my friends to come out with me to System. Everyone had plans, didn't want to, etc, and my g/f is teaching a course this weekend, so she couldn't make it either.

I really wanted to see Max Graham spin, so I said "fuck it" I'll just go by myself. I wanted to get there early, so I made it at 10:30. Sat around till about 11:30, and then went to the dance floor. No sign of Brad or Max....

The crowd looks weird...too many goths, and underage people..."I guess Max's music is really reaching out" I thought.

Kept waiting...around 01:30 I'm getting ticked....all of a sudden I realize:
"SONOFA! MAX WAS TO PLAY THE NIGHT BEFORE!"

WTF!!

Yeah - my brain is so fryed these days!

Having missed the last subway - it was a long cold night back to North York!

:mad: :mad: :mad:

Hamza

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by JESuX
ouch.

that sucks dude.

:(

Did you end up at a dark rave or something?
No, it was system's normal saturday night.

The crowd was just weird...sooo many kids looked like they were in 'high' school. Just looked underage...I wonder if they all had fake ID's or if system was just letting them in.

I can't explain the goths....it wasn't a dark rave or anything.

I felt out of place, though there were some nice people I met.

thom100

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Hamza
No, it was system's normal saturday night.

The crowd was just weird...sooo many kids looked like they were in 'high' school. Just looked underage...I wonder if they all had fake ID's or if system was just letting them in.

I can't explain the goths....it wasn't a dark rave or anything.

I felt out of place, though there were some nice people I met.
Im guessing the "goths" came out because Green Velvets tune "little pills" (or whatever its called) gets a tone of play at Velvet Underground on Thursday, and ocassionally at DR.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

Access

TRIBE Member
I've nearly done that a couple of times. At least the mistake was isolated to just one person and you didn't bring your friends along. Although I do agree that you should have stayed for Green Velvet and made the most of it.

Hamza

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by SneakyPete
Are you sure you ended up at System? Maybe you were at another club.
\

Okay, I said knob - not "George W. Bush Retard"

yes, it was system...construction and all.

oh, and I did catch a hour or so of Green Velvet - but I was getting tired, and was a little grumpy cause I went to see Graham.

Blah, I guess it would have been easier if I knew people there.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders