1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

I'll pump your kin at footwork, nerds!

Discussion in 'Event Reviews' started by Krzysiu, Oct 16, 2005.

1. Krzysiu

Krzysiu TRIBE Member

I left. I didn't want to but I had to... I am old and cold and there were wolves after me.

I had a blast, I wish I stayed for the end of Simon's raucous set, but like I said, geezer...

A large clappy-clap for all the djs. I had a blast! decorations were phenomenal as usual... basically, when I come to a produce theme night at footwork, I am always pleasantly surprised at how they improve on a good thing. Cheers lads, you always out do yourselves!

now lower the drinks to 2 dollars a canadian and you've got yourself a winning night of pure disaster!

and to all the people, way to dance, thats the energy I like to see! Hurray! :D

Love, Sir HC!

2. deevah

deevah TRIBE Member

was a pretty good nite, went to check out the visuals and was not disappointed in that dept

the place looked spectacular - kudos to everyone that made it happen. Door staff is always extremely friendly and efficient. Loved the decor AND THE EXTRA FANS. Plus the recent addition to the bar staff certainly added to the warmth ;)

happy looking crowd, little attitude, good mix of genders and orientations...

the only damper on the evening was finding out some buzzkill broke one of Brash's monitors w/out so much as acknowledgement and even less of an apology...super NOT COOL.

[​IMG] Like totally negatorio karma or some junk...........

But the orange themed visuals certainly set the ambience...nice work guys!

the music was decent....*ahem* albeit abstract @ times but it had some moments....

still fairly packed when we left @ 3:30....will definitely be back for the halloween bash on the 29th (before hitting up boa!)

3. Lil'Timmy

Lil'Timmy TRIBE Promoter

S.I.C.K.

I was blown away by the sounds coming from Colerage and Pretty boy Crawford...big beefy and bouncy. For the first half of the night, I was chair ravin' it (But I had partners) and basically wandered around catching up with peeps I haven't seen (Pinkyinsane's A&E Biography is gonna be fabulous, and it was nice to see OTIS not captured by Germans or Huns or something) Then I wandered up close to the floor for Simon Jain and bass in your face pumpkin..he was a rawkin' good time. I react well to DJ's jumpin and smilin and this guy looked like he was 7 years old on a rollercoaster ie he was havin fun! Naturally so was I....it's all rock and roll and I loved it

Kudo's to Vunk and their tireless efforts for throwing a great jam. Oh and to 23 hour a day Joel...sleep my neverending partygoer.

4. Wiseman

Wiseman TRIBE Member

I was there.

5. OTIS

OTIS TRIBE Member

awesome:

cowgirl. was. played.

and Timmah, thanks for the warm apathy :p

6. ~atp~

~atp~ TRIBE Member

ouchy. my poor head. :(

The crowd was very positive last night and very beautiful as well. :) Nice to meet a few more Tribers, but the Jagrmeister is still kicking my ass this morning.

7. Dr Funk MD

Dr Funk MD TRIBE Promoter

I had so much fucking fun last night!

I woke up this morning... er afternoon... wondering why my head hurt so much. I forgot about the Jagr. I also remember some random drinks handed to me. Oi.

8. JESuX

JESuX TRIBE Member

i had a fuckin' blast!

yes, cowgirl was played. man, i felt just like i was 16 again and dancing to the "hackers" soundtrack in my room, begging to god to turn me into angelina jolie with a vulcan haircut. *sigh*

yes, there was MUCH shottage and drunkenness. (no one assaulted me with any "pumpkin flavoured beverages", thank fuck.) a big THANK YOU goes out to the copius amounts of jagr provided by the many generous folks i was surrounded by last night. (my head thanks you too. hah.)

i'm fairly certain that i heard 'burnin' -- daft punk' at the end of the night. that also made me a happy camper.

the decor was STUNNING, and i'm pretty sure that i've never seen footwork busier. big up your collective chests, to all who were involved with making the place shine like a new penny.

as for the remainder of the music, there were some scary prog moments in there -- i didn't think i was gunna make it at one point, but we pulled through and were rewarded with the daft pizzle and underwizzorld in the end.

the crowd last night was chock full of beautiful ladies and some *cough* very good looking guys... best looking crowd i've seen in a long time!

all in all, a great night out. worth the pain (wallet-wise and hangover-wise) post-party!

:)

9. Michlerish

Michlerish Well-Known TRIBEr

I had lots of fun! I can't make a proper review though because I didn't get there until 2:30am.... but I can say the music, people and decorations were all awesome!
    Simon got me dancing (and kept me dancing) even though I was dead tired from a super long day of working.... and that's no small feat. ;)

10. JESuX

JESuX TRIBE Member

oh yeah -- i will NEVER figure out or understand how i ended up drinking (of all things) a coors light last night.

it MUST have been a good night for me to not notice something as shameful as that.

!

11. Moez

Moez TRIBE Member

Re: awesome:

fuck I love that tune.

12. Skipper

Skipper TRIBE Member

Sorry guys :(
    After dinner I was thinking about it but we were too pigged out.

13. Prickly Pete

Prickly Pete TRIBE Member

i can only figure it must have been free...

14. Jonesy

Jonesy TRIBE Member

lee got a squash stuck in his hoodie.
    no idea how that got there.

good party, vunkers.

15. ~Loress~

~Loress~ TRIBE Member

that was fun.

animatrix crew represent! :D

16. mandapanda

mandapanda TRIBE Member

i really, really wanted to go and i know i broke many pinky swears. :eek: however, i could barely stand up last night, i was so tired, so....next time!

17. Krzysiu

Krzysiu TRIBE Member

the coat check people stuck a flyer in my coat pocket. smart idea!

were there and did anyone try the pumpkin flavored drinks? I stuck with good old beer!

18. Fillmore

Fillmore TRIBE Member

Wikkid night all around. :D

From what I can remeber anyway

19. coleridge

coleridge TRIBE Member

I had a good recipe for a pumpkin pie martini but unfortunately in required steeping vodka in pumpkin meat for a week. Just wasn't going to happen....

Thanks to everyone who came out! Thanks to Simon Jain and of course Summit Rouss who started things off nice and proper!

20. Moe

Moe TRIBE Member

Wow that was fun.... i got vunked good

There was this one chick who had this crazy sexy underwear that had like fake jewels in them...... so hot :eek:

great crowd... footwork rocks

good job SimoN!!

21. fiveofhearts

fiveofhearts TRIBE Promoter

Had a great time on Saturday Night, Matt and Sean your party was awesome, as usual. The music was fantastic and I totally loved the VUNK pumpkin.
    It was sad that a moniter was damaged, but accidents happen.
    I love Footwork.
    Really the tradgedy of the night was caused by the SLIME that broke into Jaime's van AND Gaz's car.

22. deevah

deevah TRIBE Member

*gasp*!

NO!

fuck

23. ~atp~

~atp~ TRIBE Member

aww, thanks Jess. :eek:

:D

24. Mrs. Pink

Mrs. Pink TRIBE Member

if anyone picked up a dignity on the floor at footwork, could you please return it to me.

Thanks in advance.

25. JESuX

JESuX TRIBE Member

yeah, yeah. i was mostly referring to myself.

*pumps hairdo*

:p