• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

I'll ask here, bet you guys know!!!

jeffk110

TRIBE Member
Recently I have noticed a new trend in internet music. I dl a set from soulseek and when I go to play it in winamp the time is all over the place.

Example 1: An 80 min set/cd will read 400 min in winamp. Then the time will very quickly go to 70 min, then 45 min, then 67 min. It sounds fine in winamp but I can't transfer to cd cause my burner reads it as 400 min and therefore too big for the cd....

Example 2: A track or set will just plain count wrong. 5:45 5:44 5:45 5:46 5:43 and so on. It sounds fine in winamp but I think it will not perform right after it is burned because of this funky time thing.

Can anyone help? Is there anyway to fix these time inconsistencies?

thanks,

jeff

vveerrgg

TRIBE Promoter
has to do with the encoding... VBR sometimes does freaky things. I can't remember what program does it... but if you encode a track with VBR on and a high bitrate it would cause it to do that.... maybe wavelab?

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

SENSEi

TRIBE Promoter
Is VBR the way to go these days? Is that what everyone's doing or is it just Tribe cool?

People still use Winamp?