• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Iiwii

ninja

TRIBE Member
I'm jsut wondering how many of you know of this label?
(It Is What It Is)
all I have to say is WHOLLY FUCK!
some of the stuff they've put out is jsut amazing.
I had a chance to see Spencer (owner of the label) play last night and he just blew me away. such raw clicky stuff it was jsut what I needed.

Have any of you had a chance to see any of the IIWII guys play? if so what did you think?

HrDvsion's stuff its great and seeing him live is always entertaining.

discuss.

peace
Mike

Cannabis Seed Wedding Bands

task

TRIBE Promoter
nice crew.. good down to earth peops.. solid releases..
based out of victoria, bc..
i'm sure spencer wouldnt mind getting some positive feedbacks..

blipblurpbleep

TRIBE Member
one of my favorite labels

loads of great stuff coming from mathew jonson, cobbelstone jazz, etc.

matthew's typerope ep has been played to death but is still one hell of a track ;)

i always look forward to new releases from these guys

~atp~

TRIBE Member
Yah, I have an amazing track off of that label by matthew johnson. Great, deep, minimal feel. :)

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

isoprax

TRIBE Promoter
Originally posted by blipblurpbleep

matthew's typerope ep has been played to death but is still one hell of a track ;)

ugh, I keep listneing to try and figure out why people like this record. Haven't been able to understand yet though...am I missing somehting? Usually when something is as popular as this I can at least see why...

BigBadBaldy

TRIBE Member
I just listened to it (typerope) for the first time, and I'd have to agree with M. le isoprax. Super boring track. Good for the first minute, but then seven minutes later you realize it was basically just that one loop.

isoprax

TRIBE Promoter
Originally posted by BigBadBaldy
I just listened to it (typerope) for the first time, and I'd have to agree with M. le isoprax. Super boring track. Good for the first minute, but then seven minutes later you realize it was basically just that one loop.

...the alphabet flasher part 2 on this label is great though, check that out if you can find it B

erk

TRIBE Member
Matthew Johnson's "Untitled" on IIWII007 is a really nice/pretty song. It's distributed by Round Table Distribution (Dave Cooper) if I'm not mistaken.

Time

TRIBE Promoter
Magic Through Music is definitely the cut on the 'Typerope EP'.
i love that song - it almost never leaves my bag.

plus i put it on the home team mix i did for the Smirnoff show that'll be aired in a couple weeks.

...how's that for a segue into some gratuitous self-promo! :D

hey it was there - i had to take it! :cool: