• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

ignorant CD turntable question

case sensitive

TRIBE Member
Okay, right now I have a pair of CDJ-100s which I enjoy.

But I would like to get something that:

1) plays MP3 files

2) has eq displays like the Pioneer 1000.

So far the CDJ-555 has caught my eye, but it does not seem like a very popular choice, does anyone else have a suggestion? Maybe a Denon? I have heard they make good units now, but don't know much about them.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

why not

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Wiseman
I think he means "waveform display" not eq.
that would make more sense.

i don't think i've ever bothered to use the waveform display on the pioneers, but i guess it would be handy for some people.

videotronic

TRIBE Member
mmm...no waveform display per se, but it has a little graph that shows you how close you are to the end of the track and it starts flashing when you get really close

for the features it offers vs. its price its hands down the best cd player on the market by like...4 lightyears..

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

case sensitive

TRIBE Member
Wiseman : thanks man!

I have really been in the air about this next purchase. I mean, I have the best entry-level unit right now, just trying to decide if the next step is worth the extra cash.

Maybe the 200 is the way to go, that is what I was looking at originally. I just liked the idea of the CDX, too bad that shit overheats. If it worked right, that would make life a lot easier.

Teek

TRIBE Member
Denon Dns1000

I picked up the denon dns1000 from long and mcquade this past weekend cause they were offering 0% financing and I love it. Its a very compact unit that doesn't take alot of space and is packed with features. Personally I like it better than the cdj200.

MOD ONE

TRIBE Member
Get the CDJ1000s... trust me it's worth the wait for the good stuff lol. The 1000s has everything you want to put together an awesome set. It took me a while, but I eventually completed my dream dj set (I could use a new mixer, but I spent so much money on everything else I can't get another one lol). Check it out... picture quality sucks, but you get the picture.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

case sensitive

TRIBE Member
Re: Denon Dns1000

Originally posted by Teek
I picked up the denon dns1000 from long and mcquade this past weekend cause they were offering 0% financing and I love it. Its a very compact unit that doesn't take alot of space and is packed with features. Personally I like it better than the cdj200.
How much were the DNS1000's?

Teek

TRIBE Member
After tax it was $500, it was one of their rentals that they offered to sell. With $125 down I'm now pay $60 a month for the next six months.

case sensitive

TRIBE Member
Okay so I've done a lot more research and the opinions stated here were really helpful as well, thanks guys!

Looks like I'm going to purchase the Numark CDX (2nd or 3rd generation). This has the MP3 function I'm looking for, it also has a full out patter which has really caught my attention. What I found out about this product is that (like Wiseman was saying) they used to shut down ALLLL the time, it was the first generation of the product that sucked ass, it was actually the BETA version of the product and should not have been released. But they have the kinks worked out now. Either way I'm going to buy it new because then at least I have the one year warranty backing me up.

The Pioneer 200 was a close second but I am getting sick of the jog wheel from Pioneer. However, if another Pioneer 1000 pops up in the buy sell and rent forum that could sway my decision, mostly just because it's the industry standard and will be for a long fucking time.