• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

If you could go back 500 years what would you bring

Jeffsus

TRIBE Member
I'm thinking I'd bring an iPod nano and try to load it up with tunes from the era. Trade that for a lot of gold and come back.

I'd like to bring the internet but that's not possible (in this impossible scenario).

What would impress people in 1515? I'm sure the scientific community would be very impressed by a laptop's computational abilities. What would you trade for a laptop?

If you had a day, a week, or a year, what would you say to the scientific, political, or philosophical leaders of the time? To which place would you go?

-jM
A&D

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Jeffsus

TRIBE Member
I'd probably bring a bunch of condoms and hit up a monestary.

On a side note, I bought a "family pack" of condoms. The irony was not lost.

-jM
A&D

Sal De Ban

TRIBE Member
Clearly a Sea Doo Challenger would impress the nautical, explorer-type folks. They get one free tank of gas, then they have to figure the rest out on their own.

JamesM

TRIBE Member

Like said above, take your iPhone6. But they'll burn you at the stake when the charge runs out.

I guess it would be medieval english vs. spaniards. Reminds me when the enterprise had to head back for the whales. iPhone 6 Phasers! --->

Transparent aluminum!

JamesM

TRIBE Member
Take them a bunch of nukes, and a copy of tribe. Then let them end it for themselves.

Some Kanye, and Kim Kardashians. Biebers, and JamesM's. Some Aoki Pie throwing EDM while they're at it.

JayZ, Dr. Dre. Taylor Swift, and Deadmau5.

Seems like such a disconnect.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

praktik

TRIBE Member
Seriously tho, think how disruptive to history it would have been to go back 700 years and give the Indians a few centuries worth of smallpox vaccine, designed to combat exactly the strains brought by Europeans.

What would NA look like today if Whitey didn't have the extra help of disease to expedite their eradication of the Savage?

alexd

Administrator
Staff member
Solar Panels
Voltage Inverter
2x Technics 1200s, headphones, mixer, power amp, speakers
my disco vinyl collection
glitter!

RumRogerz

TRIBE Member
a piano

I would also give the british a complete history book about the american revolution - that should make things interesting

Bernnie Federko

TRIBE Member
Seriously tho, think how disruptive to history it would have been to go back 700 years and give the Indians a few centuries worth of smallpox vaccine, designed to combat exactly the strains brought by Europeans.

What would NA look like today if Whitey didn't have the extra help of disease to expedite their eradication of the Savage?
It'd be the exact same. Run by big business, with a lot of black people imprisoned

praktik

TRIBE Member
Maybe less black people! Assuming less Indians died from smallpox, which was amazingly devastating to their pop - you would think that:

A) maybe an Indian nation would have been more tenable (higher pop) somewhere in northwest

B) assuming the genocidd needed to be more hand-operated, Whitey still had the arms advantage. Could see indians lasting longer when enslaved - which could mean less need to ship people across an ocean to grow cotton and subsidize the expansion of the North American economy/infrastructure

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories