• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

If we were immortal (can never die) would monogamy be a good thing?

exheres

TRIBE Member
I'm thinking no.
After a thousand years with one person, i think i may be inclined to find someone else.

"Damn you're still here? When are you gonna leave?!"
:mad:

What y'all think?

Cannabis Seed Wedding Bands

exheres

TRIBE Member
:D i can only laff Al.
by the way, who writes your material?

and yes you would stay young. like 23 in physical state young.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

junglegirl

TRIBE Member
are you thinking of ways to get out of monogamy?
or is this just an idea you came up with?

I think if you were in love with someone you wouldn't want to die and you would want to stay with them forever but I am a hopeless romantic and stuff like that never happens

PRIMAL

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by The Watcher
What happens if you find the one person you will want to be with forever?

Then you wake up and realize you're dreaming.

or they kill you and steal your wallet. ;)

exheres

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by junglegirl
are you thinking of ways to get out of monogamy?
or is this just an idea you came up with?

I think if you were in love with someone you wouldn't want to die and you would want to stay with them forever but I am a hopeless romantic and stuff like that never happens

forever i realize is a damn long time. i think these romantic notions and even most of our notions of right and wrong go out the window when you start talking forever.

no i'm burdened with those idealistic romantic hopes too but i question just about everything around me and this is where this thought comes from.

The Watcher

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by PRIMAL
Then you wake up and realize you're dreaming.

or they kill you and steal your wallet. ;)

Al.

Are you saying you dont feel the same way I do?

I thought we had something special.

P.S. I dont keep money in my wallet.

junglegirl

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by exheres
forever i realize is a damn long time. i think these romantic notions and even most of our notions of right and wrong go out the window when you start talking forever.

no i'm burdened with those idealistic romantic hopes too but i question just about everything around me and this is where this thought comes from.

yeah I think that I would want to stay with the one person but who knows - life is weird I try not to think to much about relationships - I always end up dissapointed - are you male or female?:)

Silvershadow

TRIBE Member
Well, if I take my grandparents as an example... they've been married for... 62 years, I think. They still get along great, and I'm pretty sure that at this point they would not be willing to start looking for somebody new (even if they were young). My grandfather has a great sense of humour and he still loves to tease my grandmother. I can't picture them apart, or even wanting to be with somebody else.

When you've lived with somebody that long, after a while, you'll be so used to them being around that you wouldn't be able to imagine your life without them. Which is why so many old couples die within a short time of each other. Once one of them goes, the other one just sort of gives up.

Of course, after 50 years of being together, your relationship isn't going to be the same as during your first year together... but I think it can actually turn into something better over the years. After living with somebody for a thousand years, it would be VERY difficult to live on without that person there, I would think.

PRIMAL

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by The Watcher
Al.

Are you saying you dont feel the same way I do?

I thought we had something special.

P.S. I dont keep money in my wallet.

All I'm looking for is immortality with someone who has money in their wallet, sorry Nick.

Lysistrata

Well-Known TRIBEr
I love that you felt the need to define 'immortal' in your topic line. Tribe: A loving home for the mentally deficient.

I won't address monogamy as everyone here knows what I think, but I will say that immortality is a hellish hellish notion just on its own.

Silvershadow

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Lysistrata
I will say that immortality is a hellish hellish notion just on its own.
I agree. I can't even wrap my brain around the notion of something that NEVER ends, I certainly wouldn't want to be living it. With or without somebody else.

Chris

Well-Known TRIBEr
monogamy be a good thing?

does that mean one women at a time, or one women for the rest of your life?:confused:

lok

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by ChrisD
monogamy be a good thing?

does that mean one women at a time, or one women for the rest of your life?:confused:

serial monogamy.

i think after a hundred years of loving someone, you would feel such a comfort that day to day interaction would be unnecessary.

love and immortality is one of the central themes of Anne Rice's vampire chronicals. makes them interesting reads for me.

quantumize

TRIBE Member
IF we were immortal monogamy would be a terrible idea

BUT we're not so monogamy is something that society pushes upon us