• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

If something goes bad on Oct. 17...

thom100

TRIBE Member
I think if you've stored it properly you've got a week past experation.....
As far as I know that dates is the last day it should be sold on.

lucky1

TRIBE Member
its pie leftover from thanksgivng.... I totally forgot about it... it was in the fridge under my pack or tortillas

gasper

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by daddyiwantchocolate
That depends.

Is it made of weed and ghee, and are you just eating it for sentimental reasons?
If it'll make you nostalgic AND sink into the couch it MUST be eaten. :D

djfear

TRIBE Member
Take out food on the other hand (and I'm afraid I'm going to have to single out Chinese food here, because it was the culprit, but I still say ALL take out food), I wouldn't eat for more than 3 hours after it's been delivered, if that. By the time the food gets cold I already don't want to eat it.

<anecdote>
One time I ate some take out from the day before and I wasn't feel too good afterwards. The day after I was going to have eggs for breakfast but the smell of them was really getting to me.

Finally on my way home I was ready to puke so I was racing home at 140-150 km/hour. When I got into the door, ran upstairs to the bathroom and then I puked it all out on three separate occasions. There went my weekend! On a side note I had 4 friends of mine who came by because we had plans. I had to send them all home. :/</anecdote>

AdRiaN

TRIBE Member
I would go ahead and eat it, but wash your food down with lots of strong liquor. The alcohol should kill any dangerous bacteria, and if you end up puking, you can just blame it on being really drunk.

mingster

TRIBE Member
if food passes the smell (or taste) test, down the hatch it goes.

your senses should tell you if your body can handle it.

lucky1

TRIBE Member
I cant rely on my nose at the moment (it is all stuffy) but I have a little more cofidence in my eating the pie now.. its been in the fridge.. so it should be fine

jared k

TRIBE Member
i read that there are three types of dates:

best before - maximum freshness but still ok to eat after

sell by - usually applies to dairy. a few days to a week after and you should be fine

expiration - not recommended for consumption past (i.e. medicine)

ila

TRIBE Member
If there's nothing to suggest it has gone bad other than the expiration estimate, then eat it or you're wasting a perfectly good pie.

And what Mingster said.