• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

If Quebec ever separated from Canada...

sianspherica

TRIBE Member
goodbye a LOT of olympic medals for Canada

the Quebecors are killing it at Sochi so far!

Charles Hamelin just won gold! and he still has two events to race in, ones he is more successful in than this race (including the one he won gold for in Vancouver)

praktik

TRIBE Member
If they ever separated, nothing much would REALLy change, and we could all talk about new and different shit for once

acheron

TRIBE Member
Quebec seems to have a strangehold on institutional bigotry too... that'd be a much stronger argument for letting them go from my perspective.

Of course, after the first nations got done with them they'd be leaving with a narrow strip of land along the st. lawrence and almost none of their precious natural resources.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

videotronic

TRIBE Member
i can just picture it now...quebec athletes would win a medal...marois would hear that the host nation was planning on presenting the medals in english and the presenter would be dressed up in garb of great significance to the host nation's culture..marois would pull the athletes from the podium physically herself.

sianspherica

TRIBE Member
i can just picture it now...quebec athletes would win a medal...marois would hear that the host nation was planning on presenting the medals in english and the presenter would be dressed up in garb of great significance to the host nation's culture..marois would pull the athletes from the podium physically herself.
LOL

Marois is so fucking embarrasing. Or maybe its more embarrasing that she has such massive support there.

spaboy

TRIBE Member
Unemployed people have lots of time on their hands :p

To di things like skiing around while shooting things with your rifle

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

stryker

TRIBE Member
I've always thought that when Quebec separates one of the conditions should be the one of the banks of the St Lawrence needs to remain a Canadian province.

stew

videotronic

TRIBE Member
Unemployed people have lots of time on their hands :p

To di things like skiing around while shooting things with your rifle
fun fact: biathlon (the event) was incorporated into the olympics to simulate trying to get home after a habs playoff loss/win. the STCUM is broken (hence the skiing) and everyone is rioting like a bunch of fucking assholes (hence the shooting)

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

kuba

TRIBE Member
I would be sad if Quebec separated. It would completely kill the idea behind being a Canadian. Just looking at the map there would be this huge hole on the right, and it wouldn't "feel" right.

But then again, I'm sure the same was said for much of Europe so...

Jeffsus

TRIBE Member
If Quebec separated, the area currently known as "quebec" would not be all that leaves.

And the idea of leaving to protect their culture is insane. As soon as they cut that cord they are giving up all the bending over backwards that the rest of Canada does to buffer their Frenchiness from the all encroaching Englishiness that is taking over the world. They would be diluted so fast that they'll eventually come back. With a lot less Frenchiness about them.

-jM
A&D

kennyboy

TRIBE Member
The native population would never let this happen.

I think the vast majority of the Quebec population forgets most the province is native land and there are a lot of other conversations to be had above and beyond any sort of referendum vote.

octo

TRIBE Member
does quebec give more money to amateur sports?
is it a political maneuver to promote quebec nationalism? makes sense to me.

if there were anything approaching ontario pride we would be giving more funding to amateur sports.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

videotronic

TRIBE Member
i can see the tourism brochure headlines now

Quebec:A Place You'll Be Proud to Be From For 14 Days Every Two Years!

except in french, natch