• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

If I ruled the world.................

KillaLadY

TRIBE Member
imagine that...

I'd free all my sons, I love em love in baby...
Black diamonds and pearls, could it be if you could be mine we both shine...
If I rule the world, Still livin' for today in these last days and times

PosTMOd

Well-Known TRIBEr
If I ruled the world, I would make start mandatory parenting classes, and the first thing I would teach is that it is most important to tell children the truth about their abilities, good or bad.

Propping someone up when they don't deserve it is as bad--or worse, arguably-- as telling someone they are stupid when they are not.

chipotle

Well-Known TRIBEr
Originally posted by PosTMOd
If I ruled the world, I would make start mandatory parenting classes, and the first thing I would teach is that it is most important to tell children the truth about their abilities, good or bad.

Propping someone up when they don't deserve it is as bad--or worse, arguably-- as telling someone they are stupid when they are not.
what if they have potential but it needs to be nourished?

PosTMOd

Well-Known TRIBEr
Originally posted by rentat
If I ruled the world................

I would make it illegal to disrespect people.
In my world, where kids were told the truth, people wouldn't disrespect each other, since they would understand where they stand relative to each other.

In my world, you see, truth wouldn't hurt, since it would merely be the truth, and not some house of cards purporting to be the truth.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

PosTMOd

Well-Known TRIBEr
Originally posted by chipotle
what if they have potential but it needs to be nourished?
The distinction needs to be made between nourishing potential, and feeding someone shit.

The end result (unhindered growth) is the same only if you are a mushroom; otherwise, you just end up being full of shit.

Booty Bits

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by PosTMOd
The distinction needs to be made between nourishing potential, and feeding someone shit.
I think the real issue here isnt so much that parents are lying to their kids, its that parents are lying to themselves.
(this is a generalization but) parents dont look at their kids and think "idiot", "uncoordinated", "socially inept", "psychopath" they look at their kids and see potential and ability and all this other projected bullshit.
once people stop lying to themselves, they would probably stop lying to their kids too.

seeker

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Booty Bits
I think the real issue here isnt so much that parents are lying to their kids, its that parents are lying to themselves.
(this is a generalization but) parents dont look at their kids and think "idiot", "uncoordinated", "socially inept", "psychopath" they look at their kids and see potential and ability and all this other projected bullshit.
once people stop lying to themselves, they would probably stop lying to their kids too.
yep...

support something that they like to do, and do well. support the hell out of it. don't force them to play piano in hopes that they'll turn out to be the next Chopin, doubly so if they loathe playing the piano.

it just makes sense.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

MalGlo

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by KillaLadY
imagine that...

NAS!!!!!!!

love the album this track is on

so good

tablist

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by KillaLadY
imagine that...

Got this tune stuck in my head now..... It's gonna be there all day too, I just know it!