• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Ideally, I'd like die alone and happy..

MoFo

TRIBE Member
So for some reason, coworkers, friends and even random people from my past have been asking me about my non-existent lovelife recently.

And in the last year, I've come to the conclusion that I'd like to be able to fulfill a philosophy that I have always had floating around in my head. But these days, it just seems like something to really strive for and more realistic every time I have to endure another couple talking about their fucked up problems, every failed relationship attempt and every sappy love single being played recklessly on mass radio.

This philosophy is "We all die alone. The ideal (realistic or not) is to be alone.. And happy."

For some reason, when I lay this out as a possible option, people's heads explode.

So I ask Tribe, a perfect love-seeking, milestone-ridden, coming-of-age demographic: hoping to be alone and happy: a post-modern ideal or pessimism?

EDIT: please don't say cynicism until you give me your definition of cynicism.

Cannabis Seed Wedding Bands

Thumpr

TRIBE Member
i say fuck like a mink until about a year before you kick it, THEN work on the ideal..........

best of both, in one lifetime.

MoFo

TRIBE Member
ian said:
Non existant?

I thought you had plently based on the posts, no?

Haha.

When do I ever post about my relationships online? I'm not Disco Stu or mrs peacock.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

ian

TRIBE Member
MoFo said:
Haha.

When do I ever post about my relationships online? I'm not Disco Stu or mrs peacock.
That is true (and high five on the references) but I thought I heard a lot in passing in threads about boyfriends. . . sorry if I'm out of date!

MoFo

TRIBE Member
Nope.
Never had a boyfriend. Ever.

Maybe a guy I dated for about 6 months and we did boyfriend things but he was pretty much a first. Never been monogamous, never depended on anyone.. Never had regular sex with someone that would put the deal within the definition of boyfriend.

ian

TRIBE Member
So you have never used the word on Tribe to describe someone you were with? Maybe my brain is going : ) Well, it is really.

MoFo

TRIBE Member
Thumpr said:
the one you listed, sheesh!

Gotcha.

But do you think the empty sex would make you yearn for more or just condition you to feel "hey, I had my fun. Time to die!"

MoFo

TRIBE Member
basketballjones said:
it doesnt matter either way, Fongs Friends will turn into Fongs Retirement Home for the Beligerent
so he will never be alone

Speaking of boyfriends.. :D

MoFo

TRIBE Member
Syntax Error said:
cynicism.

Breeder.

Hey, did you find that caterer I recommended for YOUR WEDDING? :D
You don't have to worry about whether you're gonna be dying alone and happy. You already KNOW that you're gonna be dying alone and happy.

MoFo

TRIBE Member
ian said:
So you have never used the word on Tribe to describe someone you were with? Maybe my brain is going : ) Well, it is really.

What word?
I've used jerk, asshole, fucker, cunt, boy-toy..

What, "boyfriend?"

Never. I've never had a boyfriend, why would I use that word? I might've used "girlfriend" once or twice but that's cuz every so often, I turn into a woman named Shaniqua for effect.

kat

TRIBE Member
youre wrong sunny.

the only way to acheive inner piece is through complete and utter dependence on another person.

MoFo

TRIBE Member
I recommended a very professional, organic caterer. It's not hippie, it's fusion comfort food with a twist owned by a really irritable gay guy.

Urban Fare.

ian

TRIBE Member
MoFo said:
What word?
I've used jerk, asshole, fucker, cunt, boy-toy..

What, "boyfriend?"

Never. I've never had a boyfriend, why would I use that word? I might've used "girlfriend" once or twice but that's cuz every so often, I turn into a woman named Shaniqua for effect.

I withdraw my question good sir! I drink so my mind often wanders!

MoFo

TRIBE Member
kat said:
youre wrong sunny.

the only way to acheive inner piece is through complete and utter dependence on another person.

lmao. <--- Love makes anxiety OWN3D.

Okay, you're right. Thread is OVER.

janiecakes

TRIBE Member
i'll live with you in the old folks home sunny. cause if ryan doesn't kick the bucket by the time i'm 80 i'll have to have him taken out.

Thumpr

TRIBE Member
MoFo said:
Gotcha.

But do you think the empty sex would make you yearn for more or just condition you to feel "hey, I had my fun. Time to die!"

ok more. i've been single for 15 months now i'm i think i'm ready to share again. :(

or maybe it's just spring, i dunno.

but i've pretty much stopped going to places where i could meet somebody "like-minded", and the internet just isn't my bag for hook ups or match ups.

so the prognosis doesn't look good. but i refuse to put the urge to merge on hold in the meantime!

we'll figure it out......

artemis

TRIBE Member
I think the definitions should really change.

For instance, the fact that someone is not in a steady romantic relationship doesen't mean that they are alone. Single yes, but alone is a whole different category.

Having said that, i really think that a life of perpetual singlehood in which one never allows themselves to become intimatelly involved (no just sex doesen't count - we're talking about the whole 'package' here feelings and all) would be ridiculously dry and although one could certainly participate in some 'good times' like hanging with buddies, shopping, education, personal development etc. (for me) it would be very 2 dimensional.

Dense emotions can also be felt in unrequited love, but the exploration of the space between yourself and another person (over time) and the emotional fireworx that can occur add that depth, another perspective, that is impossible to acheive on your own or with a casual sex buddy.

So that's my opinion... for what it's worth!

But it's worth it to say that i really don't think any of us die alone anyways...

Krzysiu

TRIBE Member
I actually don't want to die at all... but if I do, I want you to be there.. so I can curse you all with my dying breath...