• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

ice ice

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

Ho||yw0oD

TRIBE Member
Was supposed to go to Stratford for family Christmas. That is obviously not happening. Not a total loss... my new plan is to drink caesars all day.

alexd

Administrator
Staff member
I have some water put aside in case the power goes off here, and have enough charcoal left over from the TRIBE BBQ to cook a lot of meals on the Weber. Would miss the internet though.

Sleepy Giant

TRIBE Member
How are you guys making out down there? Radar looks like the precipitation has stopped and there is no weather warning for Toronto.

Has the worst passed?

erika

TRIBE Member
I hope so, though some forecasts say it could ramp up again this afternoon. The key is whether the wind starts up or not and how that affects lines and branches that are covered with ice.

At Bloor/Dufferin we are fine, but people at Christie lost their power at 10 am and still don't have it back.

Bernnie Federko

TRIBE Member
We're out in the main to Woodbine pocket just north of Danforth. Lost our power about 11pm. There were a tonne of transformer blow outs illuminating the sky until I crashed after 0200. The number of power lines and trees down blocking roads is immense.

We've shacked up at the parental units place in Riverdale for the time being.

rave jedi

TRIBE Member
My neighbor's house not far from a major intersection a huge branch fell off their giant tree. The road has been closed off.

tobywan

TRIBE Member
How are you guys making out down there? Radar looks like the precipitation has stopped and there is no weather warning for Toronto.

Has the worst passed?
Safe to say the worst, and pretty much all of the storm has passed the GTA. However, don't expect the layer(s) of ice to go anywhere, as the temp is gonna drop drastically overnight.

Highly recommend you invest in a good pair of skates.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

erika

TRIBE Member
Safe to say the worst, and pretty much all of the storm has passed the GTA. However, don't expect the layer(s) of ice to go anywhere, as the temp is gonna drop drastically overnight.

Highly recommend you invest in a good pair of skates.
The concern now is that wind coming up might cause additional wires/trees to fall, as none of that ice has melted or will tonight.

kuba

TRIBE Member
with the power out and a 2 year old we've moved like refugees to the local hotel

this is nothing compared to what nyc and area went thru while the flooding happened, yet people are whining like it's the end of the world

personally i find this fun

tobywan

TRIBE Member
The concern now is that wind coming up might cause additional wires/trees to fall, as none of that ice has melted or will tonight.
Yep, wind speed expected to double overnight. Gonna put some pressure on all of those ice covered branches.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

peko

TRIBE Member
We're out in the main to Woodbine pocket just north of Danforth. Lost our power about 11pm. There were a tonne of transformer blow outs illuminating the sky until I crashed after 0200. The number of power lines and trees down blocking roads is immense.

We've shacked up at the parental units place in Riverdale for the time being.
We're camping out at the in-laws for the time being too.

We lost our power around 8:30am when the nabe's tree took down the power line attaching to our houses to the main hydro line. It was unbelievable to see the number of idiots who walked up to the fallen hydro wire and a) touched it, and/or b) walked or drove over it.

I was happy that I stayed up at 5am after feeding the baby - go to shower, do some laundry and have coffee before our hydro went out. Packed up the toddler and baby while our cats guard the house.

I hope we get some free tree pruning because of this event. ;)

Last edited:

glych t.anomaly

TRIBE Member
Fucking damn tree on top of my car. Fuck.

Jay
my brother had a branch drop like 10 meters and just clip the back of his rental breaking the rear spoiler and light casing.

45 mins north of the city at my parents, soo much ice it was ridiculous.

no power at my place since 1:30 am Sunday morning. power is out at my work still as i cant VPN into it.

hope people get east end power sorted out soon but im getting messages saying 24 - 72 hours to get it restored from Toronto Hydro.

glad relocation was an option for me or i would be very -_- !