• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

ICE CREAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Where's the best place?

Sunshyne Jones

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Mr. M
In Yorkville, I forgot what the place was called but it's near a clothing store called "Over the Rainbow", it's pretty much under it, down a flight of stairs. Everything is home made. Their strawberry banana ice cream is so DOPE. Chunks of real strawberry and banana in every bite.

yeah, this is a good one too!
 

Temper Tantrum

TRIBE Member
It's not TECHNICALLY icecream (it's better!) but There's an amazing gelato place called Hollywood Gelato on Bayview around Millwood (for those of you stuck in the north end like me :p )

mmmmmmmmm icecreamalicious

~allie~
 

deevah

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Temper Tantrum
It's not TECHNICALLY icecream (it's better!) but There's an amazing gelato place called Hollywood Gelato on Bayview around Millwood (for those of you stuck in the north end like me :p )

mmmmmmmmm icecreamalicious

~allie~
this place is amazing - the place w/ the duck on the tricycle out front right?

the hazelnut gelato is stellar
 

LivingRoomPornstar

TRIBE Member
Re: Re: not for their ice cream but for their fro-yo

Originally posted by Evil Dynovac
I use to love that place! I use to buy the biggest ice cream there was and then get mugged for it at the Jamaican Patty Shop two doors down.

"Gimme dat icy creme na batty bwoy!"
hahaha, at Albert's Real Jamaican??

you have to be kidding me!

Right now I'm lucky to live only a 10 min walk from Dutch Dreams.

I've only been in there twice though, because I only moved into the area last August.

Fat-Guy Friendly fo sho!

Dan
 
tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

PurrLee

TRIBE Member
mmmmm.
not really an ice cream parlour, but soooo goood.
i just tried Gingerbread ice cream at this restaurant at King and Sherbourne called Toba. mmmmmmmmm.
they make their own ice cream there and have about a dozen yummy flavours.
 

Phat Buddha

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Mr. M
In Yorkville, I forgot what the place was called but it's near a clothing store called "Over the Rainbow", it's pretty much under it, down a flight of stairs. Everything is home made. Their strawberry banana ice cream is so DOPE. Chunks of real strawberry and banana in every bite.
or

Originally posted by Temper Tantrum
It's not TECHNICALLY icecream (it's better!) but There's an amazing gelato place called Hollywood Gelato on Bayview around Millwood (for those of you stuck in the north end like me :p )

mmmmmmmmm icecreamalicious

~allie~
both are great!
 

Dave Lee

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Temper Tantrum
It's not TECHNICALLY icecream (it's better!) but There's an amazing gelato place called Hollywood Gelato on Bayview around Millwood (for those of you stuck in the north end like me :p )

mmmmmmmmm icecreamalicious

~allie~
Best bayview combo:

Go eat and drink yourself silly at duffs (make sure to have the hottest wings you can stand). Then when you feel like passing out go eat some hollywood gelato. Then proceed to fall into a coma for the next week.
 
tribe magazine legacy photo exhibit

kilT1

TRIBE Member
Re: Re: not for their ice cream but for their fro-yo

Originally posted by Evil Dynovac
I use to love that place! I use to buy the biggest ice cream there was and then get mugged for it at the Jamaican Patty Shop two doors down.

"Gimme dat icy creme na batty bwoy!"
Do not even go there.....
It's people let you that give Toronto a bad name ..
I guess you do not live near there....

I know the owers for 30 years , they are helping the local
area ovecome the problems of a large city...

They love and prespect everyone the area....
They even life walking distance from the Jamaican Patty Shop two doors down.

So shut the hell up ...

Boy................
 

sauce

TRIBE Member
I think it's called film buff on Roncesvalles <--spelling, you go downstaris intoa movie rental place and they have an ice cream shop. Not the best ice cream but you can get a huge waffle cone for like $2.50. It's super cheap and the people who run it are nice.
peace
sauce
 

xopus

TRIBE Member
Its all about Dutch Dreams. Soooo yummy. They're bananna splits are the bomb.

Another place, although its not in toronto, is White Mountain Ice Cream, in Kingston (on Ontario St, right downtown) IMO their ice cream is BETTER then dutch dreams, they just dont add as much extra stuff on top of it. Its just straight up goodness. and their Frozen Yogurt Kicks ass.

fuck, now i want ice cream. I think im gonna hit up white mountain tommorow.

max
 
tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

sarafina

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by xopus

Another place, although its not in toronto, is White Mountain Ice Cream, in Kingston (on Ontario St, right downtown) IMO their ice cream is BETTER then dutch dreams, they just dont add as much extra stuff on top of it. Its just straight up goodness. and their Frozen Yogurt Kicks ass.

fuck, now i want ice cream. I think im gonna hit up white mountain tommorow.

max
yes! that place is soo yummy! :) :) haven't had it in soo long though...and i've never had dutch dreams....
mmm i also want ice cream now! i have half baked in my freezer but i think it is too late to eat it and i should go to sleep instead...
 

Humanjava

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Balzz
I refuse to believe there is ice-cream better than Greg's in Toronto. HERETICS!!!!!
Greg's is defn on my fav list besides my own of course. Actually not fair I make gelato more.

Dutch dreams is nowhere near as good as Greg's.
 
tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

FoxyM

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Humanjava
Greg's is defn on my fav list besides my own of course. Actually not fair I make gelato more.

Dutch dreams is nowhere near as good as Greg's.
BLASPHEMY!!

**drools while picturing a large sugar cone with heaping ice cream covered in whipping cream and fresh fruit **
 

Humanjava

TRIBE Member
Sugar coating and putting whip cream does not make for better ice cream. That is such an American way of doing things (quantity of quality). Also make you a huge whale.
 

Mike Richards

TRIBE Member
Re: not for their ice cream but for their fro-yo

Originally posted by Dave Lee
hands down it's gotta be DUTCH DREAMS

if you don't know about it go get yourself edumacated this summer
Located near St. Clair and Vaughn
Agreed!!
 
tribe magazine legacy photo exhibit
Top