• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Ice Cream (sherbet, gelato, & frozen yogurt) appreciation thread

alexd

Administrator
Staff member
OMG, even in the winter, I can't stop eating it.

Yesterday I went to Film Buff and had the most deliciously light pistachio ice cream in a waffle cone. Sitting outside the shop, completely enjoying my ice cream cone while Leslieville moms wheeled their kids quickly past in their strollers - their kids looking back sadly and then yelling "Mom! I want an ice cream!"

Ha! sucker.

Today I will see what new flavors are on tap. Perhaps they will have Pomegranate Sherbet again. That would be excellent in a waffle cone.

I love icecream.

alexd

Administrator
Staff member
There is a wicked Honey Lavender ice cream down at Natalie Rose in the summer... Sounds weird, but it is absolutely delish.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

alexd

Administrator
Staff member
Just back from gorfing down another pistachio cone. mmmm

mango kulfi rocks

erika

TRIBE Member
Greg's is good.
In the commercial variety, Gelato Fresco's 0BF chocolate is my guilt free pleasure.

MOD ONE

TRIBE Member
I like Peanut butter chocolate from basket robins... nothing beats chocolate and chunks of peanut butter!!!

xtcfreak

TRIBE Member
I would like to add coconut made frozen deserts - ie dairy free / soy free . Just as creamy (if not creamier) then ice cream. So Delicious , Purely Decadent and Cia Belo (sp?) all make really good stuff.

Jay

sk8

TRIBE Member
I would like to add coconut made frozen deserts - ie dairy free / soy free . Just as creamy (if not creamier) then ice cream. So Delicious , Purely Decadent and Cia Belo (sp?) all make really good stuff.

Jay

can't find it up here! been looking everywhere.

the soy stuffs not bad and i can eat sorbet and some frozen yogurts (the expensive fancy kinds of course LOL)

i do have my own ice cream maker though! I make all kinds of delicious concoctions that are me-friendly and am considering trying my hand at a coconut one this summer - the skim-lactose-free milk ones just come out too icy a lot of the time.

My girls LOOOOVE ice cream and they and the hubby are all over the new PC ice-cream-shop flavours - Rainbow and Tiger Tail currently in the freezer along with Key Lime Sorbet and the last of the loads-of-buttertart one. I'm a fan of the PC ice creams for them because they are just that - cream is the first ingredient, not that modified crap.

coleridge

TRIBE Member
My gf makes ice-cream in her Kitchen Aid ice cream maker attachment ... it's outstanding. She too is a big fan of lavender ice cream and makes it regularly. She also makes a great cinnamon, vanilla and nutmeg ice-cream varieties from the spices we picked up in Grenada on vacation.

I've complained about this before but I'll say it again. Ed's Ice Cream really bothers me with some of their flavours. Often all they do is make a base ice cream with no flavour and then swirl some stuff in to it and declare it a flavour. Blueberry Pie is simply a pie swirled in. Rum Raisin is rum soaked raisins swirled in. I find this kind of weak. Their raspberry white chocolate is awesome.

I need a pistachio ice cream fix now...

Last edited:

Thunder

TRIBE Member
There's a place just west of woodbine and danforth Carter's I think the name is? It has kawartha lakes ice cream..

Oh
Em
Gee

great stuff!

orchid

TRIBE Member
for store bought, this is this shiznit:

191949712_62fb0cc4a2.jpg

most delish chocolate ever, and really cinnamonny. luuuurve it.

alexd

Administrator
Staff member
That candy store on danforth by logan has kwartha ice cream.

Kwartha Ice Cream is good but Maypole is way better IMO

skyparty

TRIBE Member
Dolce was giving away free small gelato ice creams until July 31 when you brought in the coupon they gave you in your mailbox. Some people never bothered to open the coupon and trashed them in the recycle bin. Lucky for me and my man, we ended up scoring 10 free small gelato ice cream's. Dedication and obsession for ice cream of all sorts, I tell ya.

I can't even own it in the house or I eat the entire thing in a matter of 2 days, so I get excited when we get to go out for ice cream!

That's the last food I want to eat before I die.

alexd

Administrator
Staff member
There used to be a really nice gelato shop on Mount Pleasant, just south of Eglinton... I wonder if it is still there?

xtcfreak

TRIBE Member
can't find it up here! been looking everywhere.

the soy stuffs not bad and i can eat sorbet and some frozen yogurts (the expensive fancy kinds of course LOL)

i do have my own ice cream maker though! I make all kinds of delicious concoctions that are me-friendly and am considering trying my hand at a coconut one this summer - the skim-lactose-free milk ones just come out too icy a lot of the time.

My girls LOOOOVE ice cream and they and the hubby are all over the new PC ice-cream-shop flavours - Rainbow and Tiger Tail currently in the freezer along with Key Lime Sorbet and the last of the loads-of-buttertart one. I'm a fan of the PC ice creams for them because they are just that - cream is the first ingredient, not that modified crap.

Where is up here?

If you are in Toronto , try Whole Foods Market :)

Jay