• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

I want a Russian accent! And an Aussie one too!

beta-vhs

TRIBE Member
I wish i could speak with a thick Russian accent. And then change it the next week to an Indian one and so on. Norweigen! Jamaican!

I'll start out imitating the announcers on CHIN radio, and practice talking only to myself in these various accents, and then gradually test the waters with strangers in brief encounters all of whom will think I'm a big jerk.

It would be cool to be multi-lingual but i don't think i have the time to learn 10 languages right now, whereas learning to be multi-accented might take only a few months. To practice French you need to speak to French ppl, the same goes for all the other languages, but to practice just the accents you can do it with any Joe Schmoe at the bus stop.

Gee it's 730 i need to go to bed. and maybe when i wake up I will be suddenly speaking another accent.

Cannabis Seed Wedding Bands

KillaLadY

TRIBE Member
I have a Romanian accent and I hate it because people always pick on me. Mind you, it's barely noticeable, but still...

So yeah, you don't wait it, trust me.

Ditto Much

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by KillaLadY
I have a Romanian accent and I hate it because people always pick on me. Mind you, it's barely noticeable, but still...

You have amongst the sexiest accents I have ever heard!

Hawk Eye

TRIBE Member
I get asked where i'm from all the time.
My one friend who i've been freinds with for a few years, asked me over the summer time if i'm from Australia.

I get asked if i'm from Australia, Scotland or England many times. I'm from Canada. My brothers' freinds always ask him why i have an accent and he doesn't. It's just a faint one. We had to film ourselves for presetations class and then watch ourselves to critique how we are doing and i was like 'oh yeah, i guess i sort of have an accent'

My reason for having an accent is because when i was really really young my mother would travel to scotland with me all the time. Same iwth my brother, but some ppl can pick up accents and some people can't. So that's my reasoning. Even when my family (aunt, uncle, cousins) was visiting here a few summers ago, i was talking to my little cousin and she's like 'you just sounded like you were Scottish when you said that word'

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

The Tesseract

TRIBE Member
Although quite anglo, i still roll my R's like a frenchie.

Some people think that's cool
Other think it's funny
more still... don't think at all.

swilly

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by KillaLadY

romanian accents are sexy

so are russian

and serbian ones

well pretty much anything eastern european accent i think is sexy

I wish i had an accent i suppose i have a canadian accnent. Although only drunken girls from manchester ever thought it was sexy was when i said "eh". They were also not to attractive as well so perhaps they were just saying it in the hopes of getting booty from me. Quite possible as i once said i thought this girl from virginia had a sexy accent while having alterior motives. BEcause the reality of it was that i thought she sounded like hilly billy jim

however, that is life i suppose
swilly
swilly

Last edited:

alexd

Administrator
Staff member
Originally posted by swilly
romanian accents are sexy

so are russian

and serbian ones

well pretty much anything eastern european accent i think is sexy

swilly

Except when they answer the phone:

"ALO?!"

Dirtymatt

TRIBE Member
Im English but whenever I go out people ask me if Im from Australia or South Africa, and its happened more so in recent times- I think that I might be picking up a slight Canadian twang and that makes me sound different because even an Irish guy thought I was Australian.

matt