• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

I want a BiKe

G

I am looking for a used bicycle with a basket on the front.
Anyone know where I can start looking?

sWack:eek: :eek: :eek:

Tyler

TRIBE Member
I have a question related to bikes. Do you have to wear helmets when you ride now by law ?

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

joey

TRIBE Member
if i was just riding around on a bike i wouldn't wear a helmet...

if im on the pipe or riding street then i would

stir-fry

TRIBE Member
how much does a tuneup run?
i got a m00ntain bike that i haven't ridden in a little while, and i should probably get it tuned up before i hit anything with it.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

Tyler

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by joey
if i was just riding around on a bike i wouldn't wear a helmet...

if im on the pipe or riding street then i would

I remember there was a pending by-law that would make it mandatory to wear helmets when riding a bike on public streets and was wondering if it came into effect. This would have some influence on whether I would buy a bike or not.

rejenerate

TRIBE Member
I wear a helmet regardless of laws. In high school, my boyfriend's best friend died after getting hit by a car...massive head injuries that turned him into a vegetable. I wish everyone would wear helmets. :(

~jen

defazman

TRIBE Member
I believe the law is that everyone under 18, or possibly 16, is required to wear a helmet while riding a bike.

G

k, so...back to my bike....

anyone else selling a bike with a basket on the front (or back I suppose)??

wheeeee!:p

sWack

Bumbaclat

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by stir-fry
how much does a tuneup run?
i got a m00ntain bike that i haven't ridden in a little while, and i should probably get it tuned up before i hit anything with it.
at Cyclemania they're $20 regular or $40 super tune up.

If it's been a few years you might want to spring for the better one....or maybe I'm a victim of marketing and "super" just means "pay more". ;)

Bumbaclat

BigBadBaldy

TRIBE Member
sWack:

Check Ivan's place, on the south side of Queen just before Strachan. If you're looking for something cheap and rideable.

BBB.

You did say used was alright, right?

stir-fry

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Bumbaclat

at Cyclemania they're $20 regular or $40 super tune up.

If it's been a few years you might want to spring for the better one....or maybe I'm a victim of marketing and "super" just means "pay more". ;)

Bumbaclat
i'll have to look into it and see what the diff is.

i used to do my own tuneup when i was younger..
true my wheels
recalib my brakes
clean and lube my bearings
etc
etc
but it's been a while, and i'd rather leave it up to someone.

i'm just worried that they'll just pretend to do a whole bunch of stuff, but they'll really only fix a few of the more visible things on their check list.

Aphrodite

TRIBE Member
this is my bike!

my baby Chiclet had one last summer, and she loved it so much she bought one for me!!! Isn't that sweet??!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CCM mustang!(3 speed!)

we are.. so cool!