• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

I TILT my head

djcheezwhiz

TRIBE Member
night started off fabulously with drinks at tortilla flats...thanks to bias, highsteppa, finary, doodlebug & some other chick
for being great company...this should become a regular habit...

off to system...mixed opinions on the night, but mainly because of my own fault this evening...mark scaife was playing absolutely wicked tracks when we arrived, & played some sweet sweet music just before parks & wilson took the decks...i guess mark was the highlight, but i do have some vague memories of the rest of the set...i had a great time, but blame myself entirely for not being able to post something about the actual track selection...

as always it is great seeing the familiar & friendly faces of the tribe & system faithful...from tearer, to che, to coleridge & everyone in between you are what breathe means to me...looking forward to many more nights (with hopefully clearer memories
)...hope everyone had a great weekend...

jc

ps see all you singletons out on thursday night

AdRiaN

TRIBE Member
As somebody who usually leaves System with at least one complaint about the night ... I can honestly say, I have not a single bad word about last Friday. That should be taken as quite a compliment.

The music was solid the entire night. I thought Mark Scaife did a good job of warming up, and everybody seemed to play a lot harder than I would have expected. There was definitely no shortage of basslines to ride.

After much anticipation, I finally got to see this infamous "laser" at System. Although pretty basic, I thought it was used sparingly and appropriately. Nice addition. I was only blinded once throughout the night.

As for the crowd, I definitely noticed more "buns" amidst the sea of sausage. Everybody seemed genuinely excited, and there was good participation in the whole blue theme. I'm not a big fan of the back room, so its closure was no real loss. In fact, I enjoy the main room more when it's packed, so having no back room helped.

Nice meeting Kalemic and JayIsBored. You guys actually got to see me enjoying myself at System Soundbar. 'Tis a rare treat!

----------------
AdRiaN

Cheeka

TRIBE Member
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Sassy:
Started the night out at ARIA which I wasn't feeling (formage?!) My night got better the minute I stepped through System's doors. </font>
did you mean fromage?

but I totally agree with you Kar! entirely due to the boy population there.
the guys there are the worst thing I have seen in awhile!
I got stopped about 6 times when I first got there just heading to the bathroom by cheesy guys with dumb lines (and they seemed really young). And it went on the entire time I was there - very irritating
!

I use to love it there on Fridays - I hope it was just an off night!

liquidgenesis

TRIBE Member
Well another friday night ritual, System Soundbar. I guess that whole blue promotion thing ended at midnight, cuz we got there at midnight exact and payed 25 to get in. Oh well. Parks and Wilson was playing when we got in. It was all right. Quivver came on next, and that was all right too. I dunno, I just wasn't feeling them too much.

Am I the only one here who thought Mark Scaife's closing set was the set of the night? I mean Parks and Wilson got better in the end and Quivver dropped some hard shit, but they really didn't get me going as much as mark did. Eh. Just my opinion thought.

Soundstream

TRIBE Member
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Cheeka:
I got stopped about 6 times when I first got there just heading to the bathroom by cheesy guys with dumb lines (and they seemed really young).
</font>
But at your age, don't they all seem "really young"?

Cheers ... Ian

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

Sassy

TRIBE Member
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Soundstream:

Cheers ... Ian
</font>

LOL
BURN!!!
Sorry but that was hilarious, cougar cub club. (I guess I'm not one to talk, you are only a month and a half older than me.)

Cheeka

TRIBE Member
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Soundstream:

Cheers ... Ian
</font>
haha - you little shit!!

(and laugh it up Karen - you are LESS then a month younger then me...
!!)