• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

I think my workplace is cursed

wayne bradbury

TRIBE Member
On the 12th a co-worker was murdered by her boyfriend quite brutally,we got the news on Monday. And lastnight my supervisor went for break at 530pm and an hour later he still wasn't back so we wondered where he might be, and another hour later he came back, looking pale and distraught. I asked him what happened and I was told "don't ask" I asked if he was ok and he said "yeah, see ya later"
Then later one of my other co-workers told me he had a car accident. One that involved hitting 3 cars and a man trying to get into his car sending him away in an ambulance. A crazy week so far.

Cannabis Seed Wedding Bands

annec

TRIBE Member
Sorry to sound weird or flippant, but didn't your supervisor at least stay on the scene of the accident? Why would he go back to work?

wayne bradbury

TRIBE Member
he came back for a few minutes to collect his shit before going back to deal with the police. Also to inform the next most experienced guy to be put temporarily incharge.
The cops impounded his car and he can not have it back apparently. Not sure if he lost his license completely or not. Didn't ask since he doesn't seem to want to talk about it.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

quantumize

TRIBE Member
cursed...hardly. your workplace sounds blessed. With all these people dropping like flies your chance for advancement is now

acheron

TRIBE Member
I think a teddy bear with a nice card is in order.

"Life's little accidents sometimes create wonderful opportunities..."

acheron

TRIBE Member
R4V4G3D_SKU11S said:
I don't understand this. Also why would they impound his car and take his license away?

he's saying the super pegged the guy as he was getting into his vehicle.

wayne bradbury

TRIBE Member
peko said:
bad things happen in three - watch out.

Well the day before I learned of the murder my dog had to be rushed to the vet for almost choking to death on a bone it got stuck in her throat. An expensive procedure later and she was fine.
You think this counts as 3 or does it have to be 3 things that occur that are work related?

acheron

TRIBE Member
R4V4G3D_SKU11S said:

Santa%20finger%20on%20nose.jpg

annec

TRIBE Member
Sorry about your dog. I hope it's better now.
Sorry about your murdered co-worker.
Sorry about this accident.
Oh, crap, I'm sorry about the whole damn thing!
(Really, that's disconcerting...Don't get stressed about it, and don't fixate on these events)

rod_g

TRIBE Member
annec said:
Sorry to sound weird or flippant, but didn't your supervisor at least stay on the scene of the accident? Why would he go back to work?

Gotta make it back in time for the coffee truck!

peko

TRIBE Member
wayne bradbury said:
Well the day before I learned of the murder my dog had to be rushed to the vet for almost choking to death on a bone it got stuck in her throat. An expensive procedure later and she was fine.
You think this counts as 3 or does it have to be 3 things that occur that are work related?

I'd count that as three (or #1 of 3, actually).

* bad luck be gone!!*

<taps wand, clicks heels>

keztronic

TRIBE Member
i feel like putting this here instead of starting a lame ass thread:
yesterday the numbers 666 came up for me 3 times:
1st 10am-.. burning a cd full of mp3s i came up with 666 mb (out of 700) and i couldnt find anything else i really wanted to add.. so i burned it
2nd: 12pm- playing a little texas holdem on my cell phone in line at the bank: i take the lead after first hand but then lose to a dude with a full house against my straight: started with 500, won /broke even the first few hands in the tourny , lost 666 in the end:
3rd: 430pm- my buddy just bought a new car.. he shows me his brand new plates: amgh 666
all this in one day! im not even supersticious but it kinda weirded me out..
then to top it off in my fortune cookie at dinner i get "expect the best, prepare for the worst."..

keztronic

TRIBE Member
whoa 6am friday night is truly dead here..
i wonder what would happen if it was like stephen kings "the stand"
and everyone got knocked out by some crazy disease except for a few..
there would be noone posting on tribe.. nowhere to lurk anymore
would i keep adding useless shit to these final threads until i got bored?

annec

TRIBE Member
wayne bradbury said:
well I found out this morning that my girlfriend's grandmother had passed away. When will the madness stop?

Sorry mate, sounds like a run of bad/sad events. Stay strong, and give your girlfriend lots of extra love.