• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

I think it's about that time - new wax thread

Skipper

TRIBE Member
<inspired by the $142 I spent today>

Jeff Mills - Exhibitionist sampler
Adam Jay/Greg Gow - Restructured 009
Cave - The Carima (tribaaaallllll)
Gaetano Parisio - Chapter 4 on Southsoul
Dave Angel - Tokoyo Stealth Fighter (is this old? I dunno...but it's breaky and fun.)
Third Deck trax vol. 1 - on Fortek
Neapolis 2 (double pack) - I still regret not buying the first one, had to pick this up

So much I left behind - an Oxia double pack, that new Punisher one, Preach's "Against the winter" with some nice tribal remixes on the b-side...

What have you been buying lately?

Skeletor

TRIBE Member
I hope to be staying in for a few weeks and then heading down to 2thebeat to pick up some... maybe natus or skoog? or some of the new picotto :D

Skipper

TRIBE Member
I was heavily considering Mauro Picotto & ? (can't remember) - Tao-tek because it did NOT sound like a Mauro production! (not the B side, anyways - the A side, a little bit. Big builds, etc.)

However...I could only take so many. :(

Destro Sanchez

TRIBE Member
my waxman is going to deliver some records to me tonight...
fer my berfday!!!!:D:D:D

talking heads "once in a lifetime" and on the other side is Vaughn Mason's classic "Bounce, Rock, Skate (Roooooolllllll!!!!!)"

nice reissue....not techno mind you, but talking heads are 'pretechno' (with Brian Eno and all....)

and the other record I'm getting today is a sale record- Sunday Brunch (aka Jesper Dahlback) "No Resistance" (show me your loooove!!!)

Destroooooooooooooooo

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

oddmyth

TRIBE Member
Ivan Smagghe - Death Disco : Eskimo
Luke Vibert - Yoseph [though I only like two tracks]: Warp
Savath and Savalas - Apropra't : Warp
Luke Slater - Traktion Action : Novamute
Jaydee - Plastic Dreams (Tayo & Acid Rockers mix) : Positiva/Antler Subway
Christian Morgenstern - Carolea [Unfinished album] : Forte
Whirlpool productions - From Disco to Disco : Ladomat 2000
Cajmere ft. Walter - Midnight : Cajual
West London Deep - Gonna Make you My Lover [Heller dub] : Future Groove
NitzerEbb - Control I'm Here [LFO remix] : Novamute
Circus Company vol. 6 : Circus Company
Monobox - Realm 3 : Logistic

I'm sure there's more I just can't locate them right now

odbx

Destro Sanchez

TRIBE Member
is that whirlpool one that 2000 anthem that went
"from disco to disco...disco to disco....DISCO to DISCO" then goes all crazy wabbley?!?

(kinda a crossover anthem of that year)

if so, I've always wanted that one

(positiva records....haha! j/k)

destro

oddmyth

TRIBE Member
you betcha Destroid that be the one

"From Disco to Disco we're havin' a partay! YAHHHHHHH!"

The Postiva record is actually the best remix of Plastic Dreams I've ever heard (and that's about 10 diff. mixes, I don't dig the Steve Bug one either ... booooring). It also happens to be an awesome breaks remix. Guaranteed to be on my next mix.

odbx

ian

TRIBE Member
Jaydee - Plastic Dreams (Tayo & Acid Rockers mix) : Positiva/Antler Subway

Hey Todd, can you add that to the pile I'm accumulating?

-ian g.

Skipper

TRIBE Member
ian, you were in my dream last night.
I was going over to a childhood friend's place, and she had decks, but only about 30 of the worst records I had ever seen...

And all of a sudden you showed up and started spinning some dirty tek-house for us!!

(and then I was in a Ben Sims DJ-competition where I didn't have any records with me...)

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

isoprax

TRIBE Promoter
I got a few records coming from Kompakt plus the following...

Various Artists "The next Strictly Rhythm Generation" Strictly Rhythm
Exciter "Eyes In The Sky" X-Trax (can you say holy f%$king banger?!)
The Acid Didj "The Acid Didj Returns" Telepathica

personally I can't wait for that kompakt order....the first newly released stuff in a long time for me!

bambam

TRIBE Member
Heckmann & Henze- Boys & Toys
Dynarec- The Lost Souls
Analog Fingerprints- Tribute
put in an order for lekebusch- powersurge
liquid- sweet harmony
jaga jazzist -the day- herbert rmx

Skipper

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Arthur Oskan
:confused:

Is there a mis-print on the label?

I trust my name in on the record itself somewere or else someone's got some splain'in to do.

A
Are you asking me personally, or are you just being a smartass because I didn't list your name?

I was just running my new purchases off the top of my head, so if I forgot your name, my apologies.

ian

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Skipper
ian, you were in my dream last night.
I was going over to a childhood friend's place, and she had decks, but only about 30 of the worst records I had ever seen...

And all of a sudden you showed up and started spinning some dirty tek-house for us!!

(and then I was in a Ben Sims DJ-competition where I didn't have any records with me...)
Sweet, I always like it when I end up in women's dreams ;)

That Ben Sims dream sounds like a variation of the traditional "forgot there was an exam" or "naked in front of an audience" dream! Yikes! Did you wake up in a cold sweat?

-ian g.

Arthur Oskan

TRIBE Member
Are you asking me personally, or are you just being a smartass because I didn't list your name?

I was just running my new purchases off the top of my head, so if I forgot your name, my apologies.
the latter of the two. i have never been know to take such a thing so seriously.

Just as long as its written on the royalty cheque. lol

A.

:D

djUnabomber

TRIBE Promoter
1. - Dave Clarke - What Was Her Name ? feat. Chicks on Speed - Skint94
This record comes on pink vinyl and is basically the best song off Dave Clarkes last album. Very fischerspoonerish and the LFO remix is very fast (good for mixing with hard techno) and tweaky.. (i actually dropped this one at BV)

2. - Hatjak (Hatiras & Jaxon) - It Was - BlowmediaFuture Retro01
Hatiras and Jaxon also go fischerspoonerish on us with this soon to be club anthem. You will be hearing lots of this one soon..and for all you electro sceptics..give up, give in and enjoy.

3. - Mr PotatoHead - Kiss My Ass - Pot02
More pink vinyl..this time featuring Pink. Thats right..that annoying bitch is actually remixed into an awesome lil' breaks tune. As much as i hate that "Get This Party Started" tune..i love this remix.

4. - C. Liberator & Darc Marc - Cobalt266 - Maximum Minimum
Speaking of colored vinyl... here's a cobalt offering.. (blue). Chris Liberator and Darc Marc make a fierce team and this one even gets a lil' funky with the tb-303 bassline...i play this one lots.

5. - Unknown - Scarlett1807 - Maximum Minimum
Speaking of maximum minimum, this is THE dirtyest new acid offering from them. Pure analog goodness and badness on this scorcher.DO NOT MISS THIS RECORD. Must figure out who did this one..but i think i have a pretty good idea..

6. - Imposters - Dirty Dancing - Stay Up Forever Remix
Speaking of dirty...you'll recognize this one from the last few years of Unabomber sets. "Drugs, Dirty Dancing, And Pounding Techno Music" make this record a must own for any hard acid techno collector. REMIX !

7. - Julian Liberator/ Henry Cullen - Heavy Feeder EP - 4X4X19
Always one of my favorite labels these days due to pure drum insanity every time. This time is no different. the funky track is filled with bangin drums and tweaky percussion and even features some serious live drumming to boot. All the rest are tops too. BANGIN TECHNO!

8. - Gaiden - Point Blank - Music Man Records 082
Not the newest track on the block but perfect timing for the restock. This BANGIN techno builder screams to a climax and is very compatible with recent Mauro tracks. The other side has some really crazy industrial sounds too..check it.

9. - Andey Farley & Dave The Drummer - MBS - Neonate VCRN001
VCR gives you Neonate..a new acid techno/trance label for the crossover dj's. They also give you the BIG man on Acid Campus DAVE The Drummer. One side has a harder nrg feeling with some screechiung builds and slammin 909's. The other has some trademark DAVE funky hip hop samples that tend to shift timing throughout the hard techno tunes entirity..

10. - Antoine Clamarin - Drum Intro 2 - Basic Traxx027
More generic tribal tech house from Clamarin and compoany..
But who doesn't like a bit of dark deep tribalism now and then? So it might as well be good, and THIS is good.

Skipper

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by djUnabomber
8. - Gaiden - Point Blank - Music Man Records 082
Not the newest track on the block but perfect timing for the restock. This BANGIN techno builder screams to a climax and is very compatible with recent Mauro tracks. The other side has some really crazy industrial sounds too..check it..
One of the best records I've ever bought, for sure.

ladd

TRIBE Member
^^^never got around to getting that track the first time around, so i'll definitly keep an eye out for the restock!

havent bought records in about 2 months, i needed to take a break and actually save some coin for once...

anyway i caved last weekend :) and picked up:

technasia - nebula (inspired from a cottage party)
and came by cabanne - cant stand - seventh city
two excellent tracks imho.

d.code

TRIBE Member
1. ENGINE - minipeopleinaminiworld - cdr
A little lame and pretentious for me to put this one first- but im lovin' it. Ive been mixing it into every set Ive been playing lately- and its getting awsome crowd reactions. I cant wait to test it on a large crowd. It will be availble to listen to and dl on www.subtransit.tk shortly after I master it down a bit better. Its a quirky tune with sort of a garage beat- lots of clicks and clacks and a pretty funky bassline..

2. JOHN TEJADA - BREAKOUT - PALETTE
Awsome 3 track EP. All 3 tracks have the coolest baselines Ive heard in ages! Either they are just strange noises- or are in a strage double time signature. Very fun to mix with.

3. LFO - FREAK -WAP
A bit old- but this tune fucking rocks.

4. JEREMY P CAULFIEND - RUNAWAY - DUMB UNIT
!!!! This guy is getting so much better since he moved to Germany. He used to live in Toronto. One side is touch minimal - but builds the dirty funky electro layers overtop of eachother intill it gets fucking nuts. It exits with an awsome washing thick buzzing bassline. The other side sounds a bit like Monster truck driver- only with a better techno theme. Awsome sounding riding highs that sound like chain links being dragged around the road.

5. SUPER DRAGON - DYNAMO - CLEAR POSITION
I think this tune was made by Ben Sims. ITs an oldy from 1998 and i found it in a used record bin for $2~!! Awsome old school techno. Super drummy and loopy. Expect to hear 2 or 3 of the 4 tracks on here when ever I play next.

6. KELLI HAND - AFTERHOUR - SINO
Tracky- loopy- housey rough techouse. Hard as nails drums.

7. ROBIN PORTER - INTOXICATED EP - IMMERGANT
The title track is very well made. A good mix of salsa rythem- tribal techno beats- funky guitar basslines and crazy acid lines. It changes moods a few times after the break down wich makes this tune very diverse. The Bryan Zents remix is pretty good- it starts off very wobbly- and quirky with some great filtered beats- but then it moves into your typical synth stabby italian style techno. Good for when the crowd needs it.

8. MISTA D - MR.DOBALINA RMX - white
CRAZY! DEL GETS REMIXED! Its still got the awsome jazzyness that was in the orginal with the great vocals! Maybe this tune will get the message across to the Dobalina's of our scene.. haahhaha

9. BATMAN and ENGINE - WIGGLESTEP - cdr
Starts off tribal- then turns DIRTY. Batman created one of the dopest electro melodies. I added a acid house feel to it- and the result i think is pretty cool. It will be in subtransit.tk soon too.

i dont have a #10

isoprax

TRIBE Promoter
picked up two old records today. found em for sale on a mailing list. the price is right and one of them I don't have and should...

The Vision "Waveform Transmissions Volume #2" Tresor
I really only like 1 track on this, that being the reason I have never bought it. But a used copy in good condition I couldn't pass up.

Fumiya Tanaka "Unknown Possibilities Volume #1" Torema

Wasn't going to grab this as well but I remember hearing a friend play a few tracks for me and it was quality tunes so I grabbed it as well from the same guy. If I get it and it's not something I dig (it has been a few years and I may be remembering the wrong record) then it just may be for sale soon. we'll see I guess.

ladd

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by isoprax
picked up two old records today. found em for sale on a mailing list. the price is right and one of them I don't have and should...

The Vision "Waveform Transmissions Volume #2" Tresor
I really only like 1 track on this, that being the reason I have never bought it. But a used copy in good condition I couldn't pass up.

Fumiya Tanaka "Unknown Possibilities Volume #1" Torema

Wasn't going to grab this as well but I remember hearing a friend play a few tracks for me and it was quality tunes so I grabbed it as well from the same guy. If I get it and it's not something I dig (it has been a few years and I may be remembering the wrong record) then it just may be for sale soon. we'll see I guess.

The Fumiya Tanaka release is pretty good, its got this old dirty techno kinda feel, alot of dark pulsing sounds (i guess relentless would be the right word, but not banging in any way), probably good for 3 table mixing.

isoprax

TRIBE Promoter
Originally posted by ladd
The Fumiya Tanaka release is pretty good, its got this old dirty techno kinda feel, alot of dark pulsing sounds (i guess relentless would be the right word, but not banging in any way), probably good for 3 table mixing.

your right...it's decent. Just did the soulseek thing and it's fairly good. Not what I usually go out of my way for but it doesnt bore me