• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

I think it is time for another Star Trek franchise TV series, don't you?

alexd

Administrator
Staff member
I was thinking, wouldn't it be awesome for an entire series from the Borg perspective? Or the Klingons? Or even a Tribble-centric series for the Japanese market? I am jonesing for another Star Trek series with hot alien chicks and spacecrafts.

Lojack

TRIBE Member
Won't happen until the films are finished, then it will happen post-NG/DS9 because, well, Enterprise blew it.

NemIsis

TRIBE Member
Either that or a new Stargate. Just finished re-watching SG1, and on the third season of Atlantis. I'm going to miss it.

Haven't seen Universe, so don't know it. I'll check it out after.

alexd

Administrator
Staff member
Either that or a new Stargate. Just finished re-watching SG1, and on the third season of Atlantis. I'm going to miss it.

I just finished watching all the Stargates, franchise shows and movies. It took four months. There were a lot of them.

Universe had a great 'impending doom' feeling in nearly every episode and a really annoying character that needed to be blown out of an airlock (David Blue), and a girl private with a huge rack, and the guy from Trainspotting, and really cool aliens that were truly alien.

vanessajames.jpg

STARGATE-UNIVERSE-Aliens-01.jpg

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

JamesM

TRIBE Member
I don't think the hipsters have the attention to really enjoy what STTNG, and DS9 were all about. Now you'd get an Amazing Race + Big Brother + CSI Miami craptaluar.

Ted Danson is the new Capt'n.

Snuffy

TRIBE Member
Each "Next Generation" episode costed about 1 million to produce. That was 25 years ago. Nowadays, the major networks rely on cheaper reality-based shows. Star Trek "The Generation after Next" ain't going to happen.

Snuffy

TRIBE Member
Wait, I stand corrected. This got me reading the Wikipedia entry and it was near $2 million each episode when it was nearing the end of the series. Also, I had no idea this series was shot on film!!! Whoa...

"The Next Generation was shot on 35 mm film,[19] and the budget for each episode was $1.3 million, among the largest for a one-hour television drama"

Star Trek: The Next Generation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

JamesM

TRIBE Member
Doesn't matter. They wouldn't pay the same amount of money these days to bring Star Trek in NCIS Money to the television. Which is what the next star trek would have to accomplish.

IT would have to be seriously watered down for the masses, and everyone's about as smart as a tunip these days, only interested in hate based drama.

I mean if STTNG, and to a lesser extent DS9 pulled that off in the 90's, we're living in a different time.

Because all those franchises were based around bettering people, and adventure. WTF ever happened to that. Don't say LOST, or anything made by that tool AJ Abrams.

You simply cannot destroy Vulcan, and call that a tangible series. Baloney Movies.

Last edited:

praktik

TRIBE Member
Guys - the next sci fi is on its way

The James Corey series doing pilot for sci fi channel - I think they're looking to make a splash with it and the material is fresh!

Finally - a new property!

RumRogerz

TRIBE Member
I think maybe an awesome HBO series (licensed through CBS) would be fucking awesome. Can you imagine all the incredible writing staff that could generate? How many talented writers are floating out there right now who are within our age group, somewhat socially awkward, complete nerds, educated and rather accomplished that would flourish in the Star Trek universe?
It has the HBO budget, the HBO directing quality and the HBO writing standards..... in STAR TREK.
You mini series that shit, throw some heavy Tricorder action in and you have yourself a serious contender for GOT.

Also, sexy aliens and/or androids

glych t.anomaly

TRIBE Member

IMO the best series of them all, for its potential, and its story line and arc and production value.

i would love to see a new Star Trek Series.

but only if done properly, and not the half asked garbage seen on most networks today.

i would love if they did a darker series similar to how SGU was done.

i REALLY hope they bring SGU back.

G3N3R4L

TRIBE Member

You asked for it.

MGM, Warner Bros Reboot

MGM and Warner Bros. announced they are teaming with Roland Emmerich and Dean Devlin to create a re-imagined trilogy based on the sci-fi hit Stargate, one of the biggest titles in the MGM library.

Granted it's a movie trilogy and not TV, but still. Stargate!

Last edited:

derek

TRIBE Member
i'd prefer a fresh series. as big as a star trek fan that i am, i'm not really interested in a new star trek show.

i've actually been rewatching 'cowboy bebop'. it's combines two of my favourite generes: anime and sf. it's not your typical plot and the animation is really good

Cowboy-Bebop.jpg

they did a movie as well.