1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

I think I'm haunted...

Discussion in 'TRIBE Main Forum' started by RumRogerz, Sep 5, 2014.

1. Zorro

Zorro TRIBE Member

I have sleep paralysis anytime from once a year to a3 or 4 times. Scary as shit when I was a kid. A couple of times as an adult I felt like I wasn't alone.
    However since being with my wife for te last ten years.ni have been able to change my breathing pattern enough for her to wake up and then in turn wake me up. I'm much more calm about it now to, because I understand it. However not being able to move can be really uncomfortable, castrophobic like. The neat part though is being fully aware of everything in the room even though your eyes are closed.

Anyhow, my buddy was having the same thing happen in his place. Had a mutual friend who has certain "powers" to come over and said a women was in the apartment. He found out somebody had passed away in the apartment. He just started talking to the women from time to time and this helped. Although things get moved or scattered still from time to time. He says there seems to be a mutual agreement. That's all second hand. So take it for what you want.

2. RumRogerz

RumRogerz TRIBE Member

^^^^

okay

no joke. I've been having similar episodes. I'll be passed out on my couch and open my eyes. I'm not able to move. I can see clearly, but I feel as if there is something just behind me. I can only make out a blurry figure and nothing else. It's straddled on top of my couch leering over me, and it's doing nothing. No joke. This has happened twice in the last several weeks. I don't think I've ever experienced fear and dread like this before because I was frozen still and couldn't make myself move.

3. spaboy

spaboy TRIBE Member

Damn

That sounds terrifying. Webcam catch anything

4. praktik

praktik TRIBE Member

...guys... I think this is the start of a movie... setting up webcams to spot a poltergeist

5. WestsideWax

WestsideWax TRIBE Promoter

"I call it 'Billy and the Cloneasaurus.'"

6. RumRogerz

RumRogerz TRIBE Member

my webcam has caught nothing yet.

yet.

im actually looking forward to something happening again.

7. basketballjones

basketballjones TRIBE Member

no joke
    i slept over at my moms and felt the same thing
    i woke up and couldnt move at all, i couldnt even make noise
    scared the shit out of me

the fact i couldnt even make noise was the worst

8. wickedken

wickedken TRIBE Member

Sleep paralysis is a common thing. I pay attention to dreams but don't make decisions on it, since there is no way to think them through rationally. It doesn't mean your haunted, just too scared too move, but, think about this: when was the last time you were so frightened you could not move?

RumRogerz, try to leave the things as you find them, and see if they move further or if other things move. Also, please traps by your entryways, like sprinkle salt or sugar or place hairs or other objects that will be displaced if someone comes in.

9. basketballjones

call crazy ppl and have them spend the night

do whatever random drugs they have

might as well be high when shit is floating around your place

Last edited: Sep 7, 2014
  10. Polymorph

Polymorph TRIBE Member

I had this experience, many many years ago.

I blamed it on a succubus.

Maybe that's yer problem! Yer space and soul is being invaded by a succubus!

It's just one possible paranormal theory out of several possible ones

11. basketballjones

wait

did you ever thnk you were the ghost?

12. basketballjones

that is more demonic than paranormal

13. Polymorph

Polymorph TRIBE Member

nope. I just felt like I was awake-sleeping (aka paralyzed), while it felt like some Presence, of actual heavy weight, was breathing into me and....

Let's just say that the next day, I woke up, and actually wanted to take some Valium.

14. basketballjones

i felt the same without the fantasy hot demonic chick
    i couldnt even make noise, it was like i was paralyzed

i was aware but not able to do anything

15. Polymorph

Polymorph TRIBE Member

I think if you open your mind to certain possibilities, they will exist.

Btw if you listen to K Leimer's *savant* ep from 1981, oh, "what the fuck was it called", Pitchfork just did a review on this..... entoutcas, listen to it in the right mood *aka* on schrooms or acid, and ... well... see the EP cover for Kate Bush's "The Dreaming" ep (for the single, not the album)...... well, looks like that

...compared to the Eno/Byrne collab "My Life in the Bush of Ghosts".. the ghosts being all that freaky shit

16. RumRogerz

RumRogerz TRIBE Member

after reading that wiki about sleep paralysis - that painting you first see pretty much mirrors what i experienced. it was as if something was looming right over me. so fucked.

so far, nothing to report.

basketball is right though, a succubus is demonic. If I'm not mistaken, a succubus also tries to seduce a male. Which is funny, because the presence i felt was definitely female. At the corner of my eye I can definitely remember very nice legs and long black hair. That was for both times it has happened in the last 2 weeks.

17. Spinsah

Spinsah TRIBE Member

Did you hit that demon poon, or what?

18. praktik

praktik TRIBE Member

This is the kernel of truth beneath "The Secret" - and in the article I linked they showed more evidence of this:

But it’s also true that if you already believe in ghosts, or are told a place is haunted, you are more likely to interpret events as paranormal. A 2002 study found that believers in ghosts were more likely than non-believers to report unusual phenomena while touring a site in Britain with a reputation for being haunted. Visitors who were told that there was a recent increase in unusual phenomena occurring at the site also reported a higher number of unusual experiences on the tour.​
    Same goes for UFOs - people who already believe in them will be more likely to spot them.

Note this is distinct from a factual determination that observed phenomenae exist, only that those who have primed themselves are more likely to report having witnessed the things they were expecting to see.

19. SmoothOperator

SmoothOperator TRIBE Member

I'm subscribing to this thread to see what happens! Curious if you catch anything on that camera.

20. spaboy

spaboy TRIBE Member

Don't bang the Succubus. She wants your life energy, not your wang

21. SneakyPete

SneakyPete TRIBE Member

So you have a horny ghost? Are you the keymaster?

22. glych t.anomaly

glych t.anomaly TRIBE Member

best

23. Sal De Ban

Sal De Ban TRIBE Member

24. Hal-9000

Hal-9000 TRIBE Member

You're sleepwalking.

[YOUTUBE]_2ao5KQrd9M[/YOUTUBE]

25. rave jedi

rave jedi TRIBE Member

Only 4 days left to see the classic movie "Ghostbusters" celebrating its 30th anniversary in theatres again.