• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

I Think I Live Above A Rub'n'Tug

Muad'ib

Well-Known TRIBEr
Last month the Korean Herbal Medicine shop that occupied the store space under my apartment moved to Markham. I get back from my Christmas vacation to find a new place called "Ruby Health" has opened up. The front windows are all frosted glass so I can't see what it looks like on the inside but I have seen some rather unsavoury characters frequenting this new establishment. First, as I am lugging in my bags after a long flight there is a 60ish white man walking out of the shop looking rather flushed in the facial area. Just when he leaves another 60ish white man approaches my door looks at me and goes "Health??" I kind of nod and point him in the right direction. Later on that evening my buzzer rings and my ex goes downstairs to answer it. She comes back upstairs with a puzzled expression on her face and says that a old white man was down there going "Health? Health?" The women that work in Ruby Health are always scantily clad, plastered in makeup, and doused in perfume.

Conclusion: The Korean mafia has opened another place for old, lonely, white men with asian fetishes to spend their money. Thank God I am moving.

green_souljah

TRIBE Member
meh...I dunno man, can't be all that bad can it?

Maybe if your girlfriend goes home early one night, and you have a couple red's in your pocket....

Muad'ib

Well-Known TRIBEr
I think some sleuthing might be in order, right now I am just casing the joint.

edit: green souljah- I live across the street from the Metro theatre, so now I have both options I guess.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories
tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

Muad'ib

Well-Known TRIBEr
The cops were in the neighborhood last night apparently there was a crazy man running around with a gun.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

alexd

Administrator
Staff member
The previous TRIBE HQ was on the 3rd floor above a rubntug on the ground floor at 135 Church St., All manner of little old chinese men used to ring my buzzer at all hours of the night until I had a friend label my buzzer "POLICE" in chinese.

The girls that worked there were kind of sad looking and rotund for the most part.

One day I turned on the CBC news and they had done a feature special on rubntugs and had a concealed camera pointed at the doorway to 135. They showed one of the ladies standing outside, taking in some sunshine.

I moved shortly afterwards and later heard there was a shooting in the place