• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

I survived the Oakville quake '06

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

Mrs. Pink

TRIBE Member
wow, is that what that was.....i'm right at the border of oakville and saugs...something shook the house....but we didn't know what was going on....

Skipper

TRIBE Member
Oh, so that wasn't just MikeD and Mrs Pink attempting to pick up suburban women a little bit harder than usual?

squirrely

TRIBE Member
Mrs. Pink said:
wow, is that what that was.....i'm right at the border of oakville and saugs...something shook the house....but we didn't know what was going on....
article said it wasn't nearly powerful enough to shake a glass let alone a house.

mitsuko souma

TRIBE Member
Hopefully the next one will pack more of a punch; there's alot of people I don't like in Oakville (not Tribers, just mostly everyone I went to HS with)
Not you, twist! you're the Shit.

mitsuko souma

TRIBE Member
I survived the PRINCE GEORGE quake of hmmm, 84? 85? I suppose I could just look it up, its not like there've been an abundance of them!!
We were on the top floor of a hospital and the whole thing swayed from side to side and this retarded nurse looked around and muttered (I swear to god) "Must have been the wind" > I clearly remember this...
Are you kidding me? I mean if a five year old is looking at you like you're an idiot, well, you're an idiot.

NemIsis

TRIBE Member
Sunshyne Jones said:
i survived the toronto quake of 99.
I survived that one too. Unfortunately, I was in my wrought iron bed ...alone..

Think how much fun could be had if they could actually predict these things :D

Chubbs

TRIBE Member
Cheer Bear said:
break a glass, not shake a glass. Trust me, it was a biiiiiig boom.
From the link said:
John Bellini, a geo-physicist at the U.S. National Earthquake Information Center in Denver, Colo., said the tremor at 10.40 a.m. measured 2.7 on the Richter scale.

It takes a quake of between 4 and 4.5 to move a glass on a table, Bellini said.

Bellini said the sound of the mini-quake would have been equivalent to a “deep clap of thunder.
Not that I dont believe ya Stace ;)

Cheer Bear

TRIBE Member
Chubbs said:
Not that I dont believe ya Stace ;)
Yeah! that's what it sounded like. A big boom of thunder, and it shook the house. I thought my furnace had exploded. Ran downstairs to see what the hell happened.

(can you tell I didn't read the article?) ;)

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Chubbs

TRIBE Member
Cheer Bear said:
Yeah! that's what it sounded like. A big boom of thunder, and it shook the house. I thought my furnace had exploded. Ran downstairs to see what the hell happened.

(can you tell I didn't read the article?) ;)
When I visit my parents down in San Diego for holidays etc, this kind of thing is such a regular occurance that you just shrug it off and act like it doesnt happen.

Theres always at least 1 shake when I go down, if not more.