• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

I need vacation ideas

danielablau

TRIBE Promoter
Ok.....so it looks like the go away somewhere hot idea isnt gonna fly, so I need ideas for things to do that are driving distance to Toronto, hopefully relaxing and has enough interesting things around to provide entertainment.............
so far i've come up with Montreal.........hmmm........thats about it........and i guess Niagara..........any ideas?

The Tesseract

TRIBE Member
Rough estimates of places i've gone to
(Rochester, Cleveland and Chicago are exceptions... never been)

Montreal (6hours)
Niagara (2.5hours)
Detroit (4hours)
Rochester (4hours) (?)
Cleveland (6hours) (?)
New York City (7hour)
Pittsburgh (7hours)
Philadelphia (8hours)
Washington (12hours)
Chicago (12hours) (?)

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

danielablau

TRIBE Promoter
Loress,

do you have any idea how much a week to NYC would be? any suggestions for hotels in New Jersey?

Thanks
Daniel

sugar

TRIBE Member
The Tesseract said:
Rough estimates of places i've gone to
(Rochester, Cleveland and Chicago are exceptions... never been)

Montreal (6hours)
Niagara (2.5hours)
Detroit (4hours)
Rochester (4hours) (?)
Cleveland (6hours) (?)
New York City (7hour)
Pittsburgh (7hours)
Philadelphia (8hours)
Washington (12hours)
Chicago (12hours) (?)
Most of those are incorrect. Sorry.

deevah

TRIBE Member
danielablau said:
Loress,

do you have any idea how much a week to NYC would be? any suggestions for hotels in New Jersey?

Thanks
Daniel
there's a nyc hotel thread around somewhere

my vote would be for here too

stir-fry

TRIBE Member
danielablau said:
Loress,

Thanks
Daniel
you can stay in the hotel penn in manhattan for 99$ a night.. it's a great hotel and a really great deal. they may have weekly rates too. www.hotelpenn.com

are you driving there? if you aren't, you can take a train there for about $150 canadian, but it's a long ride. (13 hours)

~Loress~

TRIBE Member
daniel - ive never been to nyc, however a buddy of mine just got back from spending a week there and he had an absolute blast. ill give him a shout at some point today and get back to you with details. :) can only imagine it would be quite costly, but well worth it =)

chicago is a also a great city to visit but ive only been in the summertime and we did all the touristy things (boat tours, beaches etc)

thom100

TRIBE Member
deevah said:
ya, parking in nyc will cost you $30/day USD
or you can park at the Newark airport for $5-7/day in the long term and take a cab into the city $40 or the subway.

AdRiaN

TRIBE Member
A trip to New York City would probably not be the most relaxing choice.

You mentioned Montreal, but if you have a week, you might want to head up to Quebec City for a few days as well.

danielablau

TRIBE Promoter
I really appreciate the help folks........as for not doing my own research, I have done it, but sometimes I'm just not looking in the right places and ppl on here may have better ideas.........

I'm still pretty bummed out that i'm not goin to be on a beach......ah well.........I'm thinking maybe quebec city may be a nice idea too......maybe even ottawa and a skate on the Rideaux Canal (sp?)

preacherman

TRIBE Member
From a Native New Yorker

The sheer pleasure of walking through the East or West villages [stores&cafes]even on a winter day - the music venues on Lafayette, Bleacker and Delancey Streets [$5-20 cover]. Experience the subway system and Grand Central Station, Ice Skating in Central Park, $2 Dollar Sabrette dogs, the museums (minimal costs) 5th Avenue [even for just window shopping]. The NYU community.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

kuba

TRIBE Member
Do you ski?

I would go skiing. If you're going to go to another city, you're going to freeze your ass off. What a waste. Skiing, however, is where it's at.

That's my suggestion.

kuba

TRIBE Member
Lake placid is 5 hours away. Mt Tremblant is 7. (In case you come back and say there's no good skiing aroud here)

kuba

TRIBE Member
danielablau said:
Ok.....so it looks like the go away somewhere hot idea isnt gonna fly, so I need ideas for things to do that are driving distance to Toronto, hopefully relaxing and has enough interesting things around to provide entertainment.............
so far i've come up with Montreal.........hmmm........thats about it........and i guess Niagara..........any ideas?
I still say you should go somewhere warm. Pack your shit, and just buy a last-minute trip. If all else fails, go to NYC or skiing or something close, that doesn't require any reservations up front.

danielablau

TRIBE Promoter
Kuba, that was actually the plan, but when i contacted a travel agent they were like all teh hotels are booked everywhere, there will be no such thing as last minute, I dont know if this was a tactic to get me to purchase one rite away or whatever but we are gonna wait till the last minute and see what happens, i'm not expecting much since its march break......the snowboarding thing sounds good but me and the g/f were looking for a more relaxing type of holidy, i was in banff for the new years and i was dead coming back to work........anywho.......i'm gonna keep all these suggestions in mind and run them by my g/f........thanks again =)

quantumize

TRIBE Member
kuba said:
Do you ski?

I would go skiing. If you're going to go to another city, you're going to freeze your ass off. What a waste. Skiing, however, is where it's at.

That's my suggestion.
even if u dont ski...get a nice little cottage at blue mountian for the week, light a fire everynight and cuddle up in front of it.. it'll be a beautiful week up there

i go often, and its an amazing time and i rarley ski