• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

I need new glasses! Anyone know of any glasses or contacts sales on?

lucky1

TRIBE Member
Maybe a buy one get one free or something?

Keep in mind I've been screwed over by Hakim, the Bay and Lensecrafters in the best and will never buy glasses fromt there again.

I've been wearing glasses my whole life so its seems in the past 10 years I get nothing but poor service.. I'm willing to try new places anywhere on the subway or downtown..

nothing to expensive, but i'm expecting to have to pay 500 or so (i need custom lenses)

OutcastTO

TRIBE Member
Go to Optic Zone!!!

It's diagonally across from the St Lawrence Market on Jarvis street.There are more frames in that store than I've seen anywhere else and Joe (owner) has a gift for suggesting frames that suit your face/lifestyle I highly recommend!!!

He'll give you a sweet deal too!!

PRIMAL

TRIBE Member
How were you screwed over at The Bay. Cause I'm thinking of getting some glasses there b/c I have a bay card and that way I don't have to pay for it all right away.

My glasses are falling apart, well, more bent and mangled than falling apart.

I got a pair of Roots Frames and lenses from... doot de doo

HONEST ED'S WAREHOUSE

yeah, that's what i said and they were wickid and they were under $100. Booom. This might sound less "fantabulous" but I am going to guess that Honest Eds and the Bay and Sears have the same stuff.

I bought some crappy glasses at Lenscrafters for OVER $300 once. WTF!

DEEPHOUSEGRL

TRIBE Member
OutcastTO said:
Go to Optic Zone!!!

It's diagonally across from the St Lawrence Market on Jarvis street.There are more frames in that store than I've seen anywhere else and Joe (owner) has a gift for suggesting frames that suit your face/lifestyle I highly recommend!!!

He'll give you a sweet deal too!!
I've heard great reviews of this place. I think i'm going to check it out too!

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

lucky1

TRIBE Member
the bay made my last pair a glasses with a huge flaw across the lense. I took them back and said they have to be remade.. the lady argued with me and finally admitted all in huff the the lense was in fact flawed. they told me they would reimburse me some money (they were 450 dollar glasses) so they send them to the other lab and it took 6weeeks + to get them remade.. I go to pick them up and she denies she told me they would reimburse me..she then ignored me while someone else dealt with me.. horrilbe.. my friend the same thing happened too ( Bay at Yonge and Queen)

Beer babe

TRIBE Member
Persephone said:
Wal-mart. Trust.

You don't need a sale there, their prices are great. I've had my glasses for 4 years now.
i'd rather pay more somewhere else than go to walmart

aki

TRIBE Promoter
DEEPHOUSEGRL said:
I've heard great reviews of this place. I think i'm going to check it out too!
one more vote for Optic Zone

he carries really nice frames, good prices, and is good at picking out frames you'd never consider but end up looking really great on you.

i've recommmended this place to all my friends and family that wear glasses and everyone has been incredibly happy.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

PRIMAL

TRIBE Member
aki said:
one more vote for Optic Zone

he carries really nice frames, good prices, and is good at picking out frames you'd never consider but end up looking really great on you.

i've recommmended this place to all my friends and family that wear glasses and everyone has been incredibly happy.
i'm gonna have to check this place out now too

rhyss

TRIBE Member
I go to Dr. Carey in Etobicoke (Clarica Centre). I have super bad vision and need expensive lenses and he quoted me $500 for a MEXX frame and lenses with the best lenses on the market.

Interchange

TRIBE Promoter
College Street Optical is pretty good, i have been going there for years.

Yeah watch out for Wal-Mart a while ago i got contacts there then i went to College Street Optical and they told me that Walmart was screwing with the strength of my perscription - it was way stronger then i needed it, and they do that on purpose so you go back and they get more $ fuking shameful, but thats the kind of corporate quality you can expect from a place like that.

Cri

TRIBE Member
I am going to go to Costco within the next few weeks and try and find some new glasses. I have heard they can have some pretty good deals!

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

The Kid

TRIBE Member
Too bad about Hakim... I just went there (to the one @ Greenwood) 2 months ago to (finally) get new specs, got a great deal, saved about $200, got my prescription done up super thin, love the glasses... couldn't have been happier.

d.code

TRIBE Member
Optic Zone sounds cool- ill have to check this place out next time I need a pair. That wont be for awhile though because I just picked up a new pair of lenses for $60 at the white trash mall at carlaw and jerrard.

lucky1

TRIBE Member
went here at lunch Joe helped me pick out a cool pair of frames by a japanese designer... really good quality, a little funky, but not to funky.. they have some rihnstones int he corners (kind of remind me of my Nana's cateye reading glasses) but they are close to the frame shapes and colours I've been wearing for the last 10 years. He was into these utra funky wide arm ones, but I just wasn't quite there. as a spare pair would have been great but i really need something a little funky but not too funky that I feel odd wearing them at work.. (dont' like to draw too much attention to myself here) overall price is what I expected, but I have a really custom lense so I can never get cheap lenses.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

DEEPHOUSEGRL

TRIBE Member
If I know my prescription (from my contact lenses), do I need to see my optomitrist (and pay for exam) in order to get new frames?