• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

I need a cleaning lady

erika

TRIBE Member
NO, not a "cleaning service".
I want someone who does laundry, irons and makes the house look nice, in addition to doing typical cleaning stuff.
One day every second week.

If anyone has someone who is reliable and has a spare day, please pm me.

acheron

TRIBE Member
we pay ours (old portuguese lady) $85 for five hours' work. she also gets two weeks' pay as a bonus each christmas.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

erika

TRIBE Member
ohlala everyone is answering my plea for help now - thanks!

acheron I like the idea of the old portuguese lady because I know she will iron well, but it depends on how old, because I want her around for a while (my previous good one was an older portuguese woman, but she retired a couple of years ago and I've pretty well had duds ever since).

I'm in the west end and I've been paying $100 for about the same number of hours.

acheron

TRIBE Member
ask around, put up a notice in the corner store, check with any of the ladies who take in kids... if you want a portuguese lady you'll need to get into the network somehow, as they tend to refer by word of mouth.

ours is 70+ and almost retirement age - I doubt she'll be working for us 2 years from now.

The downside with portuguese cleaning ladies (especially the older ones) is they are very set in their ways and 'new' ideas are very difficult to beat into them. they often don't speak english very well but they usually have a daughter or granddaughter with a cell phone you can communicate through.

R4V4G3D_SKU11S

TRIBE Member
$85 for five hours? I think we are getting screwed. I've suspected ours is a dud but she does maybe 2.5 hours for $80.

Lisa who is your person?

acheron

TRIBE Member
I would class what ours does is "dig us out for another week" - we still have to do deep down cleaning of high traffic areas every now and then. She's short so the top two feet of the bath/shower tile never really get done... she can't seem to figure out how to change the bag in our Miele vacuum cleaner so I have to keep tabs on it (and the brush extension to check for clogs and string-knots) to make sure she doesn't overheat it.

We have two young kids and a large doga so digging out is probably the best we can hope for. A couple without children, well, that's much simpler unless you're complete slobs.

Metal Morphosis

TRIBE Member
$85 for five hours? I think we are getting screwed. I've suspected ours is a dud but she does maybe 2.5 hours for $80.

Lisa who is your person?
wow, you guys are getting ass-raped!
our current lady charges $85 for 5 1/2 - 6 hours.
she's leaving us at the end of this month though, so we've hired my in-laws lady. she's colombian and beautiful. i think she charges a bit more but she's young and last i heard she's looking for more work. we won't get to see the quality of her work until the first week of April, but my MIL typically wears a white glove, so if Tatiana is good enough for her, i'm sure she'll be fine for us.

i'll PM you her details.

erika

TRIBE Member
As an aside, getting ass-raped is extremely unpleasant: much more so than being overcharged by a cleaning lady.

Now back to business: does your person iron? This is key for me.

And acheron, one of my duds was sort of like that: about 4 ft tall and didn't reach too much. I speak some portuguese though so language isn't an issue.

mariazmess

TRIBE Member
how often do they clean for you? every two weeks? once a month? i think i'd want someone to come in monthly to wash floors, etc -- you know, get the house smelling like cleaning products.

i'm looking for someone in the core cosmosuave, so if you could PM deets, that would be great.

stryker

TRIBE Member
I think you're getting shafted on the ironing thing. This is totally something your s/o should be doing. I couldn't tell you how many times I saw him iron underwear and socks. He's easily the most qualified person for this job i've ever known!....lol

MissBlu

TRIBE Member
I didn't see this till now.
I do cleaning. Mostly for temporary rentals, but have a few clients that I do regular cleaning for...

Typical rate is about $20 an hour.
If anyone is looking still, let me know!

Sal De Ban

TRIBE Member
As an aside, getting ass-raped is extremely unpleasant: much more so than being overcharged by a cleaning lady.

And acheron, one of my duds was sort of like that: about 4 ft tall and didn't reach too much. I speak some portuguese though so language isn't an issue.
yes but I never really get used to overpaying for services.

wait, what?

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Spinsah

TRIBE Member
Ha. Oh, man.

Here I was picturing a cowering maid in a black and white outfit with a cap and apron.

rentboy

TRIBE Member
I think you're getting shafted on the ironing thing. This is totally something your s/o should be doing. I couldn't tell you how many times I saw him iron underwear and socks. He's easily the most qualified person for this job i've ever known!....lol
haha! Those were halcyon days. I barely iron now.