1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

I need a bag

Discussion in 'TRIBE Main Forum' started by SmoothOperator, Mar 8, 2010.

1. SmoothOperator

SmoothOperator TRIBE Member

*chuckles*

No really...I have a Burton backpack that's served me well for 5 years. Tonnes of pockets, somewhat waterproof, and resiliant, BUT it's starting to get really beat up (zipper's breaking, etc). I use it when cycling to work every day, and it's camoflauge exterior doesn't suit my daily business attire.

Wondering if some of you could recommend a cool bag to lug my crap around? I'm open to any form (doesn't have to be a backpack), so long as it's comfortable while cycling. It also should be something I can bring into a professional environment, without looking like I'm 16.

Suggestions? I haven't really been keeping my eyes peeled for cool bags, perhaps some of you have?

Thanks!

2. Wiseman

Wiseman TRIBE Member

Do we have to guess what you will put inside it?

3. Sal De Ban

Sal De Ban TRIBE Member

^ haha awesome.

it was going to post a pic of a l.v. purse but instead - i'll recommend one of those 'newsboy' style bags. the older/vintage the better.

4. skin deep

skin deep TRIBE Member

On this board, first you gotta get the ads. Then come the bans, then you get the bags.

5. Liability

Liability TRIBE Member

This is the bag I use for motorcycling. I have another bigger one for ski trips and such. I love the brand for quality and longevity. MEC carries this line, although last itme I was in they did not have a large selection of models.

I find the look fairly streamlined.

Quiver / Packs / Women's / Arc'teryx

6. alexd

alexd Administrator Staff Member

I have bought too many crappily made bags over the years until I bought this amazing courier bag made by ortlieb. It expands to the pictured size (huge!), or the top can be rolled down to make it smaller. It is really comfortable to wear on long bike rides.

[​IMG]

I bought a smaller bag made of recycled PVC signs for when I want to carry a lot less made by Frietag. It is also well made but not nearly as ergonomic and comfortable as my Ortlieb:

[​IMG]

7. Pottsie

Pottsie TRIBE Member

Rob, this one would look pretty with the sweater you wore on Friday:
    [​IMG]

8. Sal De Ban

Sal De Ban TRIBE Member

that is actually a cute purse

9. SmoothOperator

I actually like the looks of this one! Will look into it!!

Hmmmm this one's a bit too bike messenger for me. But thanks! Looks hardcore!!

Damn that would go great with my sweater! Too bad I'm a dude!!

Wondering if there are any leather, dressier bags out there too?

Last edited: Mar 8, 2010
  10. alexd

11. SmoothOperator

Rummaged through the site and found a few I wouldn't mind checking out. Who carries fossil stuff? The Bay I'm assuming?

12. alexd

They have a shop on the second floor of the eaton centre across from mexx and le chateau

13. Fillmore

Fillmore TRIBE Member

As well as a shop at Sherway Gardens if you're ever in the west end!

14. Beer babe

Beer babe TRIBE Member

I bought a Camelbak in 1997 or something and it's still 100% intact. Not one thing broken on it...just a little faded. I keep waiting for it to break so i have an excuse to buy a new one, but eff it, I'll just buy one anyway. :)

15. depraved

depraved TRIBE Member

cole haan has some nice leather messengers (winter); jake spade has some nice canvas ones (summer). google em.

16. AshG

AshG Member

17. ChROmE

ChROmE TRIBE Member

18. Polymorph

Polymorph TRIBE Member

I have a 100$ black leather backpack made by some company called Bazooka, which I've used for years (around 3), and which still draws compliments, even from rich people.

Strangely enough, when I google the company, they don't pop up. Too many Bazookas out there, I guess.

Just get a really stylish black leather backpack. Why you ask these questions?

19. MoFo

MoFo TRIBE Member

20. SmoothOperator

21. Nesta

Nesta TRIBE Member

22. diablo

diablo TRIBE Member

I hear that there are stores which allow you to browse vast numbers of bags, including comparing between them and deciding which one is just right for your taste and specific needs.

23. SmoothOperator

I also hear you can troll plenty of fish for fat girls in mississauga. bwuhahaha

Seriously though.... I asked Tribe cause I figured some members may have seen something really unique and uber cool somewhere. You never know! Plus seeing a photo online is much different to peoples personal experience with a product. ya dig?

24. diablo

diablo TRIBE Member

Yeah, I find that random "likes" from people on the internet is best way to shop for personal items.

Anyway, to each their own...

25. SmoothOperator

Wow you've got your head way up your ass.