• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

I miss trance

MalGlo

TRIBE Member
I've got Solar Stone - Seven Cities blastin away right now and its totally got me missing the trancey goodness...

trance.. why have you forsaken me so!!!!!!!

:(

KillaLadY

TRIBE Member
I just found the "Clubber's Guide to... Ibiza 1998" and I have been listening to it over and over again.
I have some serious memories with that CD.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

mingster

TRIBE Member
i thought the same thing while listening to that digweed mix you played last night.

*sigh* we should remedy the sadness sometime soon.

Interchange

TRIBE Promoter
Trance is the cheesiest from of electronic music out there next to that hi-nrg and happy hardcore crap.

its going away because electronic music is evolving.

MalGlo

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by mingster
i thought the same thing while listening to that digweed mix you played last night.

*sigh* we should remedy the sadness sometime soon.
I shall attempt to locate a trance party.. think one is coming up next week

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

mingster

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by mrs peacock
Trance is the cheesiest from of electronic music out there next to that hi-nrg and happy hardcore crap.

trance doesn't have to be cheezy.

in my experience, most people who make this comment haven't really explored what's out there.

Interchange

TRIBE Promoter
whateva...

i got into this scene 12 years ago when trance and acid were the 2 big forms of music out there.

How can you judge and say i have not explored what is out there?

perhaps i am judging you by saying trance is shit- but don't worry i will not hold it against you - ok maybe a little.

MalGlo

TRIBE Member
this is me giving a shit

:D

BRING ON THE CHEESE!!!!

and if anyone is gonna tell me that progressive is electronic music evolving then i'll get a good chuckle outta that one :)

depraved

TRIBE Member

Seems to me its evolved into prog -- i.e. slower bpm, following a go-go-pause format.

Ha, some evolution!

While I understand your comment re: cheeze, perhaps we can make a distinction between what I unaffectonately refer to as "Hairdresser Trance" & the hard Trance you'll hear at 3:30am (e.g. S4's "RotterTrance"). Trance is a pretty broad category.

Cheez = tinkly pianos, saxamaphones, & xylamaphones.

ps: you have great mixing skillz.

Last edited:

SneakyPete

TRIBE Member

Going away because most of the top ranked dj's in the DJ Mag poll were trance DJ's? Most say the poll is about popularity, then that should fit in this situation perfectly.

Interchange

TRIBE Promoter
I find it interesting that when you go into a place like the bovine you no longer hear industrial music , you hear trance music, goths danicing to trance, or as they like to call it ebm electronic brain muisc.

Tis form of music has seem to become more popular with the industrial crowd. I think it is cool that they are getting into electronic music - but i only hope that trance is only an introduction for them into better electronic music

Variant

TRIBE Member
You know what... perhaps every form of music has a quality side and a shitty side.. and if your only hearing the shitty side.. then guess where the problem lies.

Interchange

TRIBE Promoter
To add to this - it shows that Trance has become a main stream form of music eg, mix mag ect...

Perhaps Trance will start to be herd in more places ie, tv ect, only because it is what the masses are hearing/buying. i dont think it will have a come back.
Maybe in the noseteligic sense it will. I do have a copy of Jam and spoon "follow me" have not listend to it in a long time, but i won't let go of it- memories of honey pot ski lodge - destiny 5 :cool:

Last edited:

Interchange

TRIBE Promoter
Originally posted by Variant
You know what... perhaps every form of music has a quality side and a shitty side.. and if your only hearing the shitty side.. then guess where the problem lies.
Ok ok i will give y'all the benefit of the doubt, anyone have any links to TRance music that you think is quality? i will take a listen.

depraved

TRIBE Member
I find it interesting that when you go into a place like the bovine you no longer hear industrial music , you hear trance music, goths danicing to trance, or as they like to call it ebm electronic brain muisc.

Tis form of music has seem to become more popular with the industrial crowd. I think it is cool that they are getting into electronic music - but i only hope that trance is only an introduction for them into better electronic music
Hopefully.

It's been years since I've been to the Bovine; thx for the warning.

Littlest Hobo

TRIBE Member

You know nothing.