1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

I Know What You Did (((NOT))) Do [This] Summer

Discussion in 'TRIBE Main Forum' started by Klubmasta Will, Aug 27, 2003.

1. Klubmasta Will

Klubmasta Will TRIBE Member

well, there's only a couple of weeks left this summer and, once again, i am left wondering what happened. where the hell did the summer go and why did i not do so many of the things i wanted to do?

these are some of the things that were on my 'summer to do' list that have not been crossed off.

1. canada's wonderland
    2. the c.n.e.
    3. wild water kingdom
    4. trek down webster's falls
    5. inner tube and cliff dive at elora gorge
    6. party in grand bend
    7. camp/canoe in algonqian park
    8. go to brother's cottage at lake rosseau
    9. water ski, jet ski and tubing (none this year at all)
    10. burning man festival
    11. fishing (none this year at all)
    12. comic book convention (missed the big one)
    13. take down baby shower ceiling decorations (i.e. buy a ladder)
    14. use the rooftop barbeque more than twice
    15. free-fall skydive (i've been once but i wanted to go again this year)
    16. white water rafting
    17. paint-ball (none this year at all)
    18. om festival

the summer schedule was very busy this year with birthdays, showers, weddings, concerts, housewarmings, three days, boat cruises and other "can't miss" parties that i did not reserve enough time for *regular* summer goodstuff. :(

does anyone else have a list of things they did not do this summer?

2. So you DID make it out to the Star Trek convention.

3. lok

lok TRIBE Member

Its so easy to just do the "city" things that you lose track of the other activities. I miss paintballing too :(

4. vinder

vinder TRIBE Member

not enough golf for me. *shakes head*

5. man_slut

man_slut TRIBE Member

*shakes head in shame*

6. vinder

vinder TRIBE Member

serious, i think i only went out once or twice! i have to go soon, and often, to make up for it.

7. PRIMAL

PRIMAL TRIBE Member

I think I do this every summer though. You always have so many plans that are going to make this summer "the best summer ever". Then reality sets in and you've realized that you don't exactly have the summer off like when you're in school (atleast I don't) and your list goes to shit.

It's still been a great summer though even though over half the recreational activities I wanted to partake in were pushed to the back burner.

8. smack

smack TRIBE Member

ditto

Also:

-Go to a cottage
    -Montreal in the summer

9. dicksherwood

dicksherwood TRIBE Member

summers not over KMW, still almost a month to go, the CNE is still going, Canada's Wonderland is still going....lot's to do and time to do it.

Me I wanted to spend most of my weekends at the cottage which I have but still haven't jumped off a particular bridge nor a particularcliff, hopefully that will change this weekend. Didn't have an opportunity to give wakeboarding a try which I wanted although the lack of waterskiing this year should change on Saturday afternoon.

I agree with Vinder though, 4 rounds of golf does not a satisfying summer make, still 2 months left in the Toronto golf season to change that though.

10. The Watcher

The Watcher TRIBE Member

Expensive Hobby

11. kmac

kmac TRIBE Member

I'm scratching "party in Montreal in the summer" off my list this weekend.

Other than that, I didn't do much this summer but that's OK with me.

12. vinder

vinder TRIBE Member

but worth every penny!

alright, dicksherwood and anyone else who hasn't golfed enough this summer, let's fucking go already! i'm game this weekend if anyone's up for it.

13. The sign of any good time, is you not wanting it to end. If you don't want the summer to end, I'd say that's an indication of what kind of a summer you had. :)

14. Cheeka

Cheeka TRIBE Member

*le sigh*

you have no idea all the things I didn't do this summer.

15. Libradragon

Libradragon TRIBE Promoter

this summer's a weird one for us all.

all i want to do now is sleep.

ivan's cottage was a highlight though. but that was back in early june. :(

oh well. there's always next year.

16. Klubmasta Will

fuck off, are you serious? by the ghost of kahless epetai-riskadh, now i feel worse. :(

i used to play at least once every year. outdoor at 'great canadian paintball' in keswick. :(

yeah, well, i'll be spending most of that month in thailand, so that won't help. :(

:p

17. PRIMAL

PRIMAL TRIBE Member

I'm debating this as well. I just have to try and get Monday off so I can do it and not be concerned about something coming up and me not making it to work.

TONS of people I know are going to Montreal this weekend.

18. Yeah, man, it was I think last weekend or the weekend before. They had a bunch of different cats. It was huge. I'm surprised you didn't hear about it.

19. PRIMAL

PRIMAL TRIBE Member

yeah, well, i'll be spending most of that month in thailand, so that won't help. :(

:p [/B][/QUOTE]

I feel your pain.

20. DJAlchemy

DJAlchemy TRIBE Promoter

Thats quite the list there Will. I for one have quit making dates with 'can't miss' parties. I think I've seen just about every big DJ I've wanted to see (with the exception of Sasha & Digweed, but I'm still not completely sure about Summer's End) and I've been to enough good parties to say I've had more then my fair share of cake this summer; birthdays always seem to fall under 'can't miss' parties anyway.

At the beginning of the summer I made a personal list of things that I wanted to accomplish (i.e spend some time with my family, etc.) and I haven't looked at the list once over the past few months. Interesteingly enough I glanced at it the other day to find that I've done more then 75% of the things I wanted to do. Apparently I've made a subconsious effort.

This year really seems to be an emotional rollercoaster ride for a lot of people and I've foudn that I'm spending a lot of time with close friends rather then doing all the cool activities that I wanted to do. ces't la vie.

Peace. D

21. dicksherwood

dicksherwood TRIBE Member

something that is on my list for any season but has not yet been done....nice one bruva...enjoy

22. DJAlchemy

DJAlchemy TRIBE Promoter

23. Klubmasta Will

yup. a bunch of us have sick relatives or friends, two of our best friends are knocked up :p and, well, you know.

AA being out of the picture also hurt the super sunday excursion schedule.

24. DaftPunky

DaftPunky TRIBE Member

As long as the list of "crossed-off" things is longer than the list of "non-crossed-off", then you should have no regrets.

That's what I try to do. Not easy, but...

25. Libradragon

Libradragon TRIBE Promoter

speaking of being knocked up.....shouldn't a certain baby be born by now? any news ??