• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

I just paid a city of Toronto parking ticket online... <rant>

veteze

TRIBE Promoter
$30 dollar parking ticket for parking in the middle of the day on some side street way off in the middle of nowhere in highpark. Blocks from the nearest main street. $1.50 service fee to pay it online at http://www.toronto.ca/parkingtickets.

Fuck You Toronto.

This idea that those ticket jerks are just keeping traffic moving and that it's not a cash grab is total crap most of the time. I can understand ticketing and towing idiots on main streets at 4pm or people who block lights or interesections but sometimes the punishment just don't fit...

Timeline me if you will but good luck searching for it. ;)

Maybe this shoulda gone in nobody cares.

Last edited:

TECHno addict

TRIBE Member
wanna hear a real shit burner?

i received a parking ticket cause the bitch at the permit office printed the wrong plate number on my sticker! oo instead of pp. i got a ticket. tried to fix it over the phone.... nope, gotta take the morning tomorrow to fix it in person. and to make things worse, the people who give tickets, and the people who issue the permits DONT EVEN WORK TOGETHER - which of course makes the whole ordeal more of a mess.

so instead of going to one place to fix the problem, i need to visit two different places.
one for the ticket.
one for the permit.

double fcuk you toronto,

KiFe

TRIBE Member
Signs that have a P on them, then a red circle with a cross over it means you can't park there... sometimes they have time restrictions.

The signs are mounted on metal (usually grey) posts which are anchored into the sidewalk.

Use these signs to stay informed about local parking laws.

T_Dot_House

TRIBE Member
I'm totally pissed about that $1.50 service fee also! :mad:
I guess I'll put that extra money in the parking fees now and not get that ticket anymore.

Thumpr

TRIBE Member
a couple of years ago i used an illinois plate i found when parking downtown. i taped a big refrigerator magnet to the back of it and slapped it on top of my plate. saved me hundreds! then one day i came back to my car and i had a ticket for both the illinois and my plate under the wiper- DUh-oh.

crafty meter maid.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

veteze

TRIBE Promoter
Jesus. Yeah the whole lack of integration between tickets and licencing and everything is retarded. But I guess that's because you have an Ontario plate and a Toronto parking ticket... Different... but the same... but not really at all no...

The Watcher

TRIBE Member
It was announced not to long ago (Maybe 3 weeks) that Toronto is going to be putting more Parking enforcement officers on teh street to generate MORE revenue.

MORE REVENUE

Like WTF?!

I barely drive downtown anymore cuz I keep on getting dinged by these overpriced tickets.

veteze

TRIBE Promoter
Kife. You suck.

Every once in a while even the best of us park in a no P zone by accident. I parked in an area where for no reason at all it's suddenly a no P zone for about 20 meters. There are cars on either end. I think. Sweet. Spot...

:(

Ditto Much

TRIBE Member
mikeryan said:
$1.50 service fee to pay it online

This is the part that bugs me, see you paid a ticket using the method that involves the least amount of work and personal involved yet they charged you a fee to do it. When you go online and file all the paperwork yourself you should get a discount.

technowelt

TRIBE Member
The Watcher said:
It was announced not to long ago (Maybe 3 weeks) that Toronto is going to be putting more Parking enforcement officers on teh street to generate MORE revenue.

MORE REVENUE
Not surprising, considering they are predicting a $1.5B budget deficit by next year.

Parking tickets are supposed to be a deterrent for impeding the flow of traffic. This is why it pisses me off to no end when a meter maid is illegally parked in order to ticket other cars.

If they were really concerned with the flow of traffic, they be much more forgiving on side streets, and tow people who are illegally parked on busy streets in rush hour (which they do), or people who are parked at the end of a block of street parking spots where the road narrows again (like everyone does on Danforth, and I think they only get tickets).

The best tip that I heard about fighting tickets was to request a french court date - they tend to take much longer to get and have more of a chance to get lost in the system.

Sunshyne Jones

TRIBE Member
KiFe said:
Signs that have a P on them, then a red circle with a cross over it means you can't park there... sometimes they have time restrictions.

The signs are mounted on metal (usually grey) posts which are anchored into the sidewalk.

lmao!
yup ... pretty tough to complain about getting a parking ticket if you parked in a spot you weren't supposed to.

nawberry

TRIBE Member
That is egregious!

The city of Toronto’s actions are high-handed, capricious and arbitrary.

I think that if you somehow paint you getting the ticket and having to pay it to being akin to “Arbitrary Detention and Imprisonment” then you should be able to plead the Charter and have your matter heard by the Supreme Court.

You would be Canada’s Erin Brockovich!!

Littlest Hobo

TRIBE Member
I've gotten $120 of parking tickets in the last month. The only solution is to only drive where parking is confirmed and free (or where parking is $5 and available), then walk elsewhere. It's a win-win situation for all, except for merchants who lose out on my disposable income, and those fucking vultures known as parking enforcement officers.

$60 for a ticket is excessive. I mean, besides parking in front of a fire hydrant or wheelchair spot, as long as is traffic flowing, what is so wrong that justifies a $60 ticket?

Last edited:

Flashy_McFlash

Well-Known TRIBEr
This is why I never waste an opportunity to scream "get a real job!" at parking officers as I drive by.

Fight all your tickets. After the third one, it's worth it just to pretend you're on Judge Judy.

Gunark

TRIBE Member
Parking tickets = good. It's no commuter tax, but it's close enough.

They should increase the fines even more, and put the extra revenue into public transit.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

solacevip

TRIBE Promoter
Dude...that sucks about your ticket.

I used to get tickets regularly....and then...not pay them....and then pay quadruple the amount when it was time to get my licence plate sticker.

Now....

I make SURE I look at the signs....pay for my stubby in the machine.......and watch the clock.

Just suck it up bro......althought....$30 could have been better spent on beatport ;)

nawberry

TRIBE Member
solacevip said:
I used to get tickets regularly....and then...not pay them....and then pay quadruple the amount when it was time to get my licence plate sticker.
Why pay-off tickets to get a sticker? All you get for not having a sticker is another ticket.

A good trick to defray ones costs of parking infractions is to collect all the parking tickets that have been issued against you until you have like fifty or so...
Then on a nice weekend wear a cop uniform and place your tickets on cars that are parked near stupid tourist attractions i.e. Pioneer Village, Ontario Place or Queens Quay Terminal.

It is a win win situation as the gullible tourists pay your ticket off, and they have a fun story to tell their hometown friends about how they got a ticket in the "big smoke".

solacevip said:
I make SURE I look at the signs....pay for my stubby in the machine.......and watch the clock.
Good tips! Tribers better smarten up and follow solacevip's trilogy of steps towards parking infraction prevention.

Make sure to:

1) look at the sign;
2) pay the machine; and,
3) watch the clock.

and you will have less costly rectangular yellow paper in your car's naper.

solacevip

TRIBE Promoter
nawberry said:
Good tips! Tribers better smarten up and follow solacevip's trilogy of steps towards parking infraction prevention.
Nawberry....I'm gonna give you a trilogy of fisticuffs to head...... ;)

AshG

KiFe said:

the truly funny thing is that often these posted signs correspond to no existing law whatsoever.

i'm happy to help anyone who would like help fighting their tickets.
any questions, just ask!

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories