1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

i have this weird ticking noise on my comp and...

Discussion in 'TRIBE Main Forum' started by skyparty, Sep 1, 2003.

1. skyparty

skyparty TRIBE Member

HOW THE HELL DO YOU GET RID OF IT?

i went to yahoo chat, because my little cousin and me like to chat together there (her friends and her all meet there) and baam! during laurynn hill it freaks out and says another sound thing is already running and it's nothing but this fuckin ticking noise! i'm out of yahoo chat, and i can't get rid of the thing!

what the hell is it?
    and please get me get rid of it!

this is fuckin SHIT!

2. Shuga_Shane

Shuga_Shane TRIBE Member

restart ur comp

Shug

3. skyparty

skyparty TRIBE Member

if i had known it was THAT easy....
    see, i don't know anything about computers!

[you're not the shug i thought you were-
    disregard the mistake on your name
    wikked handle btw]

Last edited: Sep 1, 2003
  4. The Tesseract

The Tesseract TRIBE Member

Ticking noise?

that could be your harddrive dying.
    No, seriously. When my previous harddrive was about to die, it made this ticking/clacking noise and then the computer froze up. When i rebooted... nothing!

get someone with computer knowledge to check your computer out.

5. Shuga_Shane

Shuga_Shane TRIBE Member

Thanks. I know there's another Shug on the board. We've never met, but from his posts he's obviously into breaks too, so I don't mind sharing the name.

Shug

ps. the ticking noise was coming from your speaker right? I think a small audio segment got caught in a loop.

6. skyparty

skyparty TRIBE Member

my hardrive wasn't dying
    a simple reboot fixed it all!

and yes hugh, shug is very much into breaks :)

yes the ticking noise was coming from my speaker...i shut down yahoo and my music program and it wouldn't shut up! but your advice worked well, thank you....

7. Big Cheese

Big Cheese TRIBE Member

pour some sort of liquid onto it

THEN reboot your CPU

8. ian

ian TRIBE Member

IT'S A BOMB!

[​IMG]

9. why not

why not TRIBE Member

that happened to me, the hard drive was chewing itself up, gradually getting dumber and dumber, until it just sat there and stared at me.

kind of like mad cow disease for computers.

10. labRat

labRat TRIBE Member

funny and true story:

In highschool this daft cunt was in the auto along with three other fellow friends and the father driver. They are happily driving along singing show tunes and playing eye spy when a concerned look arises from the bitch's face. She looks around cautiously and feverishly ... not sure what's transpiring before her. The level of comfort drops quickly and she musters with a concerned effort :
    "What's that Ticking Noise?"

The driver of the vehicle looks perplexed and quickly realises what the issue at hand was. The father-dude turns around and replies with a stern voice:
    "Why, that's the turn signal"

Laughter ensued ...

11. deep

deep TRIBE Member

[jewish nick cage]dirty lies[/jewish nick cage]

12. labRat

labRat TRIBE Member

eat a cow.

13. deep

deep TRIBE Member

listen timmins

(I don't remember anything else from last night)

14. Kid Lax

Kid Lax TRIBE Promoter

this happened to me last week, only problem was the drive was only 2 weeks old

POS!