• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

I have a new love>> geography

swilly

TRIBE Member
God after 5 years of this stuff i have to admit that there is something just so appealing in my discipline.

I am currently doing a empricical study on smart growth in ottawa looking at thier Light rail transit system and its impact on auto usership rates. Its great how in my field i can always find something of immense interest.

So lets give a big che megewetch to Kropotikin, the early greek cartographers and the Royal geographical institute for intiating this whole thing
Can i get a woooooooooooooooooh geography!!!!!!!!!!!

swilly

Alex D. from TRIBE on Utility Room

Alita

TRIBE Member
*thumbs up to geography*

Though you seem more on the urban/design side and my interests lie more in the physical/environmental area.

:)

swilly

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by chicku
*thumbs up to geography*

Though you seem more on the urban/design side and my interests lie more in the physical/environmental area.

:)

yes but deep down we are all interested in spatial relationships
PS boo math and engineering
swilly

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Alita

TRIBE Member
I think engineering is cool - a few of my profs have that background. The whole problem solving attitude is aight with me. Sometimes arts students can really irritate me.

"I hate math I hate math"

bah

Last edited:

Stormshadow

TRIBE Member
I'll give a big ups to geography as well.
I have half a of a geography degree completed, and I'll probably finish it one day.

I really do enjoy it.

swilly

TRIBE Member
even frank herbert new the importance of geography and resources when he said

he who controls the spice!
Controls the universe

This is a more dune related notion. But i think it has alot of applicablity in todays world political dynamic. However, one must drop the controlling of spice and the universe part for it to work in our society but i think the underlying truth is still there.

FC St. Pauli

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by swilly
even frank herbert new the importance of geography and resources when he said

he who controls the spice!
Controls the universe

a little rosemary, used correctly, can permit you to 'travel without moving'

(to the land of mmm mmmm mmm!)

[SQUARE]

TRIBE Member
Hell ya to geography...well environmental studies actually. Although I'd have to say that I hate GIS. I'm taking a GIS class now and its so damn frustrating!

Neo-Marxist

TRIBE Member
Yup. Geography is probably one of the most exciting disciplines at the moment. It opens your eyes to a lot of things that you didn't see before. Most of my favourite authors are geographers. Definitely an underrated discipline.

swilly

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by FC St. Pauli
a little rosemary, used correctly, can permit you to 'travel without moving'

(to the land of mmm mmmm mmm!)

ok now you are just being silly

Isosceles_CAT

TRIBE Promoter
242geo2.jpg