• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

I hate my boss.

Michkey

TRIBE Member
What a prick. This guy owes me commission due April 1. I know its only the 17th, but he told me on Friday I would have it yesterday.

He leaves the office today at 1:30... no cheque.

And its 29 out today and I'm stuck here by myself!

You have to understand: it's literally me and him, no other employees, so its not like you can just check with payroll to see what's up. And when I have brought it up (in similar situations in the past) it seems to slow down the process.

We have a communication problem generally, but I really need the cash so I have to say something. Any suggestions?

What I feel like telling him right now is that I won't be in until the cheque is cut. Does this seem harsh?
 

madnezz

TRIBE Member
yes, that seems harsh.

Instead, take one of the computers home and tell him you're keeping it until you get the check! :D

adios
Laura
 

OTIS

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by madnezz
yes, that seems harsh.

Instead, take one of the computers home and tell him you're keeping it until you get the check! :D

adios
Laura
Exactly..
it's illegal for him to do waht he's doing.

a suggesion for the future if you want to improve communication..
have weekly meetings to echange ideas, it makes it easier for you to work when you know what page everyone else is on.
 

kyfe

TRIBE Member
what do you do? you might not get paid till he gets paid, which in some cases make sense...
 

Michkey

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by OTIS


Exactly..
it's illegal for him to do waht he's doing.

a suggesion for the future if you want to improve communication..
have weekly meetings to echange ideas, it makes it easier for you to work when you know what page everyone else is on.
Can you explain the legalities?

Oddly, we did have an actual meeting yesterday... first time in probably six months.
 
tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Michkey

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by kyfe
what do you do? you might not get paid till he gets paid, which in some cases make sense...
Agreed, but does not apply in this case. I know for a fact that there would be no difference for him to write the cheque now, tomorrow, last week, etc. Cashflow is not an issue.

In any case, if this were the problem he could at least provide an explanation.
 

OTIS

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Michkey


Can you explain the legalities?

Oddly, we did have an actual meeting yesterday... first time in probably six months.
a labor lawyer would be better at it, but i assume as everyone does upon employment that you have a contractual verbal or written agreement describing wages and payment methods.

If his actions are contrary to that you can take him to court for the fees owed.
 

Michkey

TRIBE Member
To be honest I'm mostly disappointed in myself for not having the balls to say anything to him.

At the same time, it's not a typical situation. I need to maintain our relationship, and the guy is a wack job.

But really though, what a sign of disrespect toward me. The more I try and come up with beginnings to this conversation, the angrier I get that I should even have to have it.
 
Top