1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

I had a little chuckle this morning

Discussion in 'TRIBE Main Forum' started by xtcfreak, Oct 13, 2005.

1. xtcfreak

xtcfreak TRIBE Member

Has anyone seen the toyota commercial? Takes place in a club/rave, with glow sticks and then the sketchy looking morning ? I thought it was pretty funny. Didnt the rave bandwagon drive by long ago?

Jay

2. I_bRAD

I_bRAD TRIBE Member

So it's about due to be commercial then right?

3. xtcfreak

xtcfreak TRIBE Member

thats not what i was getting at. i just had a good laugh. But was also stating that you barely see anything representing "raves' anymore.

Jay

4. miller

miller TRIBE Member

i was thinkin' on the same commercialization wavelength when i saw it....i wonder how many tribers own new toyotas, or how many ppl represented at raves also represent w/ toyota!!

5. xtcfreak

xtcfreak TRIBE Member

In other commercial news, that Tic Tac chick is hawt.

"You say thanks, for a tic tac" :)

Jay

6. Balzz

Balzz TRIBE Member

7. basketballjones

basketballjones TRIBE Member

is it the one with the two salesman dancing the funky chicken , if so it was cute

8. Buddy Holly

Buddy Holly TRIBE Member

That's really funny. The shot where they have their shirts undone and the glowsticks going is funny.

9. basketballjones

but if it was going to represent a rave, where are the sketchy 14 yr olds, the g muscle heads and the strippers...?

10. StarvinMarvin

StarvinMarvin TRIBE Member

don't forget all the people sitting down on the ground by the walls on everyside and random backpacks all over the place for u to trip on

11. basketballjones

i forgot about the blanket ppl in the middle of the dance floor too

and the sketchy asian light shows

12. Fairie

Fairie TRIBE Member

I love this commercial. Makes me laugh every time I see it.

13. marcinm

marcinm TRIBE Member

the commercial is funny.. it shows two toyota salesmen going to a rave to better understand some of their clients.. but turns out the cheeky fuckers are way out of touch regardless :p

14. bitchass

bitchass TRIBE Member

The best part is that one of the sales reps is named Gino.

Its also good that this is a commercial for Toyota, not Mitsubishi - otherwise they would be introduced at the beginning as Mitsubishi dealers... and well, that wouldn't go over so hot.

15. KillaLadY

KillaLadY TRIBE Member

16. Balzz

Balzz TRIBE Member

[​IMG]

17. Chris

Chris Well-Known TRIBEr

I enjoyed the commercial, thought it was a great ad. Fit well with their newer car products target market I thought as well - most of us can relate to these ads.

18. coleridge

coleridge TRIBE Member

Yeah that commercial is great.

19. Karim

Karim TRIBE Member

The best part is most definately when they walk out to daylight. HAHAHAHAHA.

20. terrawrist III

terrawrist III TRIBE Member

lol..In a way I thought it was a ballsy move... naive parents around the country will wake the fuck up after seeing that:D

21. lucky1

lucky1 TRIBE Member

the commercial made me laugh too.. especially as the show the night progress and they end up with glowsticks, whistle and no shirt on.. then the bit where the show everyone leaving in the morning and the sun is out.. too funny

22. [- FuNKtiOn -]

[- FuNKtiOn -] TRIBE Member

I personally think that the commercial would be crap if it didnt have the part with the guy falling asleep at work.
    but yeah, that part makes me chuckle and think of many a hurtin' monday.

23. Hamza

Hamza TRIBE Member

YES!

I'd give her my tic and my tac

24. annec

annec TRIBE Member

^^^ thanks for hijacking with crappy mint commercial news.

Tic-tacs suck ass, but they're so cute and rattle-y