• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

I had a little chuckle this morning

xtcfreak

TRIBE Member
Has anyone seen the toyota commercial? Takes place in a club/rave, with glow sticks and then the sketchy looking morning ? I thought it was pretty funny. Didnt the rave bandwagon drive by long ago?

Jay

xtcfreak

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by I_bRAD
So it's about due to be commercial then right?
thats not what i was getting at. i just had a good laugh. But was also stating that you barely see anything representing "raves' anymore.

Jay

miller

TRIBE Member
i was thinkin' on the same commercialization wavelength when i saw it....i wonder how many tribers own new toyotas, or how many ppl represented at raves also represent w/ toyota!!

StarvinMarvin

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by basketballjones
but if it was going to represent a rave, where are the sketchy 14 yr olds, the g muscle heads and the strippers...?

don't forget all the people sitting down on the ground by the walls on everyside and random backpacks all over the place for u to trip on

marcinm

TRIBE Member
the commercial is funny.. it shows two toyota salesmen going to a rave to better understand some of their clients.. but turns out the cheeky fuckers are way out of touch regardless :p

bitchass

TRIBE Member
The best part is that one of the sales reps is named Gino.

Its also good that this is a commercial for Toyota, not Mitsubishi - otherwise they would be introduced at the beginning as Mitsubishi dealers... and well, that wouldn't go over so hot.

Chris

Well-Known TRIBEr
I enjoyed the commercial, thought it was a great ad. Fit well with their newer car products target market I thought as well - most of us can relate to these ads.

terrawrist III

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Karim
The best part is most definately when they walk out to daylight. HAHAHAHAHA.
lol..In a way I thought it was a ballsy move... naive parents around the country will wake the fuck up after seeing that:D

lucky1

TRIBE Member
the commercial made me laugh too.. especially as the show the night progress and they end up with glowsticks, whistle and no shirt on.. then the bit where the show everyone leaving in the morning and the sun is out.. too funny

[- FuNKtiOn -]

TRIBE Member
I personally think that the commercial would be crap if it didnt have the part with the guy falling asleep at work.
but yeah, that part makes me chuckle and think of many a hurtin' monday.

annec

TRIBE Member
^^^ thanks for hijacking with crappy mint commercial news.

Tic-tacs suck ass, but they're so cute and rattle-y