• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

I Got The Job!!!!

mariazmess

TRIBE Member
I've been working on contract for the Ministry of Education at the Government of Ontario for about two.5 years. I'm annoyed, bitter, and exhausted. I hate everything about working here.

in December, I was an administrative assistant. They couldn't give me anymore contracts because I'd been on contract for 2 years so they were forced to make my position permanent. Whenever they make a position permanent, they have to open the application process to the whole province - anyone, everyone, come one come all...

I applied, I got an interview - and they gave MY job to someone else!!!! i was MAD AS HELL.

Then another position needed to be filled, temporarily, until THAT position was to be made permanent. I started that position, as a policy analyst, on March 1st... they opened the application process to the entire province, again, and they interviewed for the job last week (mine was on Thursday)... if they didn't give me the job, I was going to have a serious conversation with my boss. this was getting ridiculous. Either they thought i was worth keeping around or they didn't - but i was no longer up for sitting on the contract fence.

I GOT THE JOB!!! BENEFITS! PAID VACATION!!! (I HAVEN'T HAD A PAID VACATION IN YEEEEEEARS...)

I GET A FREAKIN PENSION!! I GET TO RETIRE!! WOOHOO!
:) :O :rolleyes:

erm... fight the um, power?
i may call in sick tomorrow. hehe.
:::maria giddy like a schoolgirl:::

Now I feel asthough I can actually accomplish something... we'll see how long my motivation and feelings of adequacy last...

Cannabis Seed Wedding Bands

Fillmore

TRIBE Member
Congrats

It is such a great feeling to get a good job with all the benefits. I am in the process of looking for something more challenging. I hope I get the same resaults.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Ditto Much

TRIBE Member
Hey if your writing some government policy would you mind slipping "Ditto Much" somewhere in there. You know if you need an example name or something

mariazmess

TRIBE Member
Ditto Much said:
Hey if you're writing some government policy would you mind slipping "Ditto Much" somewhere in there. You know if you need an example name or something
I'll do what I can.
^^^^ see? that's a government employee's way of saying "probably not, but I can't compromise myself." I'M GOOD AT THIS ALREADY!!

congrats Krzysiu!!!!!
weeeeeee! new jobs!

I get to decorate my office!! I just bought a new Pearl Jam poster... that'll look wicked on my wall.

miss riot

TRIBE Promoter
Fillmore said:
Congrats

It is such a great feeling to get a good job with all the benefits. I am in the process of looking for something more challenging. I hope I get the same resaults.

congrats again!

mariazmess

TRIBE Member
Soulster said:
congrats sweetie! enjoy the celebrations this weekend! (not that you ever need an excuse to party. ;))
you know my motto:
any reason is a good reason to party!!!!!
WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!

might even hit up Footwork tonight to have a shot of tequila.
ONE won't hurt... i wonder what's on tonight anyway...

Boo

TRIBE Member
They do contracts because those cushy government jobs are there for life, and its impossible to get rid of staff.

I work for the gov't - on contract - and these jobs are walks in the park compared to the corporate world. Everyone in my place has worked here for like 20 years or more, and at almost 30 I'm practically the youngest one in the place.

Congrats, time to etch out a rut and ride it out till the government pension kicks in.

mariazmess

TRIBE Member
Amen Boo!!
A lot of the people I work with are fucking RETIRED and they come back for MORE because they get these awesome pensions + more contract work pay. it's retarded. All I can think is -- YOU'VE RETIRED, LET YOUNG PEOPLE HAVE YOUR JOB!!!! asshole!

fuck!
time for the younger generation to get in there ... hi, guys? ya, um... everyone realizes that this bureaucratic bullshit doesn't work. we all complain about it ALL DAY, some of y'all have been complaining about it for the last 20 years. howz abouts we stop complaining and start doing shit right?

again... let's see how long my idealism lasts, shall we? ch33se