• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

I finally graduated from University... Congrats to all the Other Grads!

lucky1

TRIBE Member
So shouts out to all the other grads. :D :D

I have been at U of T part time studies for just over seven years, I applied in 2001, and started at the beginning of 2002. I did my entire degree at nightschool while working. I never thought I would finish, but now I'm feeling a little said it's done, but very happy it's done.... does that make sense? haha.

My ceremony was last Monday. It was hot and Sunny and the U of T campus was really at its best. Everything was bright and sunny, and green, not brown yet from summer. Hot with the robes on though phew! The ceremony at u of t is very traditional, in the convocation hall. there was about 30 people on the stage, all in different robes and regalia. I think each colour means something, but not sure.

The Dean announced that my class was the largest to ever graduate from Woodsworth college (I graduated with the double cohort year I think), and their average to be admitted from highschool was 85%. That is just to be admitted! Crazy.... There were 60% women grads, and around 40% were the first ever in their family to do post secondary.

Next step for me is my CRHP designation. Have to upgrade my accounting mark first though.. Before I can qualify to write the exam... eek

grad2.jpg

Cannabis Seed Wedding Bands

BigBadBaldy

TRIBE Member
Hey, is your name Alyssa? If it is, we had a lot of classes together in the last couple of years.

Congrats! That was my convocation as well. Felt great. :D

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

rubytuesday

TRIBE Member
Congrats! You should feel really proud of yourself for sticking with full-time work part-time school and getting through it. :)

praktik

TRIBE Member
CONGRATS!!

I originally enrolled in '99 and I was pretty much part time with a year off here and there since 2001, w/ full time work since then.

I STILL have one class left - and after failing to get into my favoured class 2 years running I just settled and signed up for my last one last week. Graduating 2010 baby, the decade-long BA!!

smokeyeyes

TRIBE Member
wow Congrats!!
very well done. Part time degrees while working full time are impressive indeed. It's a very long and tiring haul. :)

lucky1

TRIBE Member
Hey, is your name Alyssa? If it is, we had a lot of classes together in the last couple of years.

Congrats! That was my convocation as well. Felt great. :D

Is this Chris? If so saw you when you walked by to get called up to stage ;)

Didn't really see anyone else from ER, like one other person! It was a kind of strange...

congrats.. definitely a great day!

Boss Hog

TRIBE Member
We would have attended the same convocation but I elected not to attend. I was doing the same thing, part time/full time. Congratulations! :)

derek

TRIBE Member
woodsworth grad here too.

congrats, i know what's it like to work f/t and pursue a degree.

BigBadBaldy

TRIBE Member
Is this Chris? If so saw you when you walked by to get called up to stage ;)

Didn't really see anyone else from ER, like one other person! It was a kind of strange...

congrats.. definitely a great day!
Yeah, it's Chris. :) Funny that we've been in so many classes together and never discovered the dreaded Tribe connection! lol

I saw a few people from the ER program. Miranda and Karen both got certificates, and there was one other guy whose name I can't remember.

Congrats to you! Working full-time and doing a degree must be really tough.

bkxb

TRIBE Member
Hey, I was at the M.Sc. convocation on the Tuesday. Congrats! I was really impressed with the way all the proctors (red-gowned dudes) handled us. Like clockwork.

JESuX

TRIBE Member
Super impressive. I know someone who is about to plunge into it so this thread should be some inspiration.

definitely inspirational.

:)

though not looking forward to waiting seven years to be able to start my own thread! lol.

le bricoleur

TRIBE Member
Congrats!!

I don't know how you managed to work and do school at the same time. I can barely read and chew gum at the same time.

p.s. The people on stage are all where their doctoral robes. Different schools, i.e. where those people completed their degrees, have different robes.

Hawk Eye

TRIBE Member
Super impressive. I know someone who is about to plunge into it so this thread should be some inspiration.

I'm going to start mine in September.. working full time and going to Ryerson for night classes. It's not a degree though. It's a certificate in my field. My work is paying for it :) I think it will take me about 5 years approx to finish.

Congrats everyone!! I'm nervous to start doing my program just bc working full time and going to school will be so hard.. I'm a bit scared i'll burn out.

le bricoleur

TRIBE Member
I'm going to start mine in September.. working full time and going to Ryerson for night classes. It's not a degree though. It's a certificate in my field. My work is paying for it :) I think it will take me about 5 years approx to finish.

Congrats everyone!! I'm nervous to start doing my program just bc working full time and going to school will be so hard.. I'm a bit scared i'll burn out.

first you go to night school, then you get the certificate, then you get the money.

randyval

TRIBE Member
ugh, I still have years to go. at least come January ill be ready for graduate school.

Congrats on making it through. :)