• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

I can't believe how much I relied on Demonoid (eBooks/audioBooks)

physix

TRIBE Member
... for real.

I used Demonoid a lot for 'pre-screening' (if you will) certain eBooks and audioBooks before I drop whatever cash on something that I wouldn't like. Fortunately, the public libraries over here have both audioBooks to download and to check-out, but still...

Is there any site that has a solid selection of audioBooks? Not so much eBooks -- I have specific 'sites of interest' for those that seem to be holding up just fine. But not so much audioBooks.

Any help in this matter is duly appreciated.

Oh, and if anyone needs invites to The Box (Brit tv shows), I got an assload of 'em (7 and counting).

physix

TRIBE Member
well, i don't really need one that was as all-encompassing as Demonoid -- just one that deals with audiobooks.

Flashy_McFlash

Well-Known TRIBEr
If you want to go legit, there's a store at Bay and Temperance where you can rent audiobooks, rip them, and return them. I don't think it's terribly expensive and they have a good selection.

JOSHB

TRIBE Member
what.cd said:
physix Disabled

This account has been disabled
lost my invite privileges due to this. 10 gigs down, 0 gigs up. Hope you got all the Baby Sitters Club you were looking for...

:mad:

Flashy_McFlash

Well-Known TRIBEr
JOSHB said:
lost my invite privileges due to this. 10 gigs down, 0 gigs up. Hope you got all the Baby Sitters Club you were looking for...

ohhhh, shame. I was wondering when this invite-trading drama would hit the fan!

EffinHard

TRIBE Member
basilisk said:
Every now and then I reminisce about Audiogalaxy and get a little teary-eyed.

If i had the time i would program a replacement... I mean.. it was just an FTP scraper... ;)

I rocked audiogalaxy - Radial Blur FTP
MY OCQ list grew to over 500 in 2 months... full of traders... made some long-term friends in Florida.. it was social networking before social networking.

Why doesn't tribe have a Private FTP sharing network..

Last edited:

Dr. Grinch

TRIBE Member
EffinHard said:
If i had the time i would program a replacement... I mean.. it was just an FTP scraper... ;)

I rocked audiogalaxy - Radial Blur FTP
MY OCQ list grew to over 500 in 2 months... full of traders... made some long-term friends in Florida.. it was social networking before social networking.

Why doesn't tribe have a Private FTP sharing network..
Reliz.Ru still scrapes ftps...

Tribe doesn't have a private FTP sharing network because the majority of people would be too technologically illiterate to set one up, would organize them poorly, have shitty bandwidth, and would gripe about ratios or abuse leech priveledges.
The people who don't fall into any of those categories don't need access to what most of us have on our HDDs...

miss riot

TRIBE Promoter
littlejon said:
i have often wondered this.
:confused:
That would be amazing! I have so much to share, but simultaneously need so much!

Ever since Oink shut down, I've had to use many sources (stmusic, mininova, what, gxfnews, etc) to get my shit, instead of one giant heaven of goodness.

Although cinema-obscura.com for films is back up and one of the best things in the world.

physix

TRIBE Member
JOSHB said:

hey, Josh sorry about that. I left it open and only took bits and pieces at a time. when it looked like i still wasn't going to get a good ratio, i even tried to donate (which i hate doing).

sorry again.

wish there was something i could do to make it up to you.

physix

TRIBE Member
Because I'm not a complete dick, JOSHB -- I did the irc chat thing to re-enable my account. They looked at some other accounts that I had and decided to go ahead and re-instate me.

Whatever 'punishment' you received because of me (they implied that there were none) has been lifted as well, apparently.

Sorry for the trouble, but it was truly unintentional.

Oh, and it was Terry Pratchett, by the way -- certainly not the Babysitters Club, or whatever you said it was, fucker!
;-P