• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

I bought a frikken laser!

alexd

Administrator
Staff member
Many of you know my penchant for doing up the house in South Africa for Xmas, and inspiring the locals with state of the art lighting effects never before seen in South Africa on a house at Xmastime. I was picturing lighting up the front of the house with a laser!!!!

So I was in Chinatown yesterday and this shop had a laser as part of their store display. I asked the owner where he got it and he also had a few for sale. But the instructions are so chinglish I can't get it to do the patterns it is supposed to do... :(

laser.gif

Joe Seven

TRIBE Member
1. The hole fir fixin

haha, that's mad chinglish yo.

edit: Just reminded me of a Vietnamese restaurant I frequent. On the appetizers section of their menu, they offer "crap meat soup".

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

alexd

Administrator
Staff member
Channel Explication is meaningless because they give 5 channels with like 15 settings but there are only 10 switches on the DIP. WTF

alexd

Administrator
Staff member
It does a pretty awesome starburst that I can project a huge distance, but thats about it. It doesn't strobe which is a feature I need to freak out the vervet monkeys and dassies.

acheron

TRIBE Member
I've got one of those airplane-destroying green laser pens... it is MAD bright yo... it does feel like the sort of thing Drax would use against James Bond in Moonraker.

TaCk OnE?

TRIBE Member
acheron said:
I've got one of those airplane-destroying green laser pens... it is MAD bright yo... it does feel like the sort of thing Drax would use against James Bond in Moonraker.

astroboy used to have one.

from our rooftop on queen's quay you could shine it into apartment buildings miles away, and bounce it back off mirrors in their homes across the city the other direction for miles...I can only imagine what it was like for the people in those apartments to be flooded in green laser light as the beam bounced off their home furnishings..

they're super cool though.

I looked into getting one once, but I remember them being about $200, is that right?