• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

I believe I can fly... I believe I can touch the sky...

bombthreat23

TRIBE Member
ok I have always had this in the back of my mind, an itch I need to scratch. I would LOVE to learn how to fly a plane...just one of those small ones. Has anyone here done this? can you recommend a good school? what does it cost, how many hours does it take? is there classroom work? is it all math? do you just call up buttonville and say, i want to fly teach me or are there private teachers etc...

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

kmac

TRIBE Member
Shit, I see the phone number for the flight school at Buttonville every night when I come home. Try googling it.

I do know it says $49* for the first lesson.

* no idea what the small print says.

djfear

TRIBE Member
This reminds me of an article soundmurderer (Todd Osborn) sent me a while back:

Motor City Rides

Haha, and the bastard never told me he owned a plane! (and he can fly it) The things you find out from people...

Rataxès

TRIBE Member
bombthreat23 said:
ok I have always had this in the back of my mind, an itch I need to scratch. I would LOVE to learn how to fly a plane...
I don't recommend using your Tribe handle as your radio callsign.

KiFe

TRIBE Member
wings make thing with wings go up.

drag coefficients and so and such.

Low pressure under wing.. lift.. not enough stall.

ground is hard.. avoid it.. or use cushy tires and approach with caution.

littlenutty

TRIBE Member
ohhhhh i was just talking about this, i so badly want to learn to fly, but i wont go to a flying school unless someone can vouch for it...

so i think for now i'm gonna get skydiving out of the way!

bombthreat23

TRIBE Member
littlenutty said:
ohhhhh i was just talking about this, i so badly want to learn to fly, but i wont go to a flying school unless someone can vouch for it...

so i think for now i'm gonna get skydiving out of the way!
there has to be somebody on there that knows something about it, I thought tribe knew everything...

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

~Loress~

TRIBE Member
was just talking to a friend last night who's planning on taking flying lessons..mentioned it would cost him roughly 10grand

Rataxès

TRIBE Member
~Loress~ said:
was just talking to a friend last night who's planning on taking flying lessons..mentioned it would cost him roughly 10grand
To save a few bucks, just tell the instructor you are only interested in the taking off part; landing isn't important to your 'divine mission.'