• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

I ate lunch with stephen harper yesterday

xopus

TRIBE Member
well....not exactly, but he was in the same restaurant at the same time.
Some co-workers and I went to Virgil's BBQ near time square for lunch yesterday, and when we get seated, we noticed that there were 4 or 5 security goons keeping a very watchful eye on the room. Obviously someone important was having lunch, so were trying to figure out what table they're watching, and finally figure it out, but still couldn't tell who it was. Eventually they get up to leave, and all the security guys converge on the table, they walk right by our table and i'm like "holy shit, that was stephen harper"
I guess he's in town to meet with a number of prominent business people.
Even though i think he's a total douchebag, it was still pretty fucking cool.

Thats all.

xsre

TRIBE Member
He's in NYC to meet with prominent people - like the Secretary-General of the UN. Read the news tomorrow.

JamesM

TRIBE Member
I think you should have ran up and kicked him in the nuts. "that's what happens when you prorogue, biatch!"

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

xopus

TRIBE Member
he left the restaurant pretty quickly so i didn't have chance to say anything to him.
i missed a good opportunity to tell him he was a douche.

wayne kenoff

TRIBE Member
you know, i've never liked the guy since he supported the Iraq invasion and sold out Canada to the Wall Street Journal, but I think he hasn't been that bad at governing. i would never vote for him or the Conservatives but it's amusing how vitriolic people are about the guy. it's not like he's Dick Cheney. his greatest crime, if you want to call it that, is not speaking out against the Bush admin, as far as I can tell. maybe it's his personality? he does kind of remind me of Piggy from Lord of the Flies.

erika

TRIBE Member
Oh Wayne:
How about his changing election dates after saying they shouldn't be changed?
Or his suggestion to people when the economy was going down the toilet that they look for good deals on the stock market?
Or his recent completely revisionist approach to Canada's position re the environment (check Jeffrey Simpson's most recent commentary in the Globe on that)?

I'll stop now, no sense in getting all pissed off when there's still some sun out...

tribe magazine legacy photo exhibit

KodiaK

TRIBE Member
who was that douchebag leader of the Reform party about 10 years ago?

he had some big meeting/press thing held at the golf course i was working at north of where i live....

i was a cook there and he came in and shook all our hands. I honestly didnt give a damn.

BAd Luck

TRIBE Member
who was that douchebag leader of the Reform party about 10 years ago?

he had some big meeting/press thing held at the golf course i was working at north of where i live....

i was a cook there and he came in and shook all our hands. I honestly didnt give a damn.
Preston Manning.
You should have given him a massive stink palm!

I_bRAD

TRIBE Member
Well apparently you're not the only one that thinks that! I had that same conversation with a customer around the time of the election... we even went so far as to do a google image search to prove it.

KodiaK

TRIBE Member
Preston Manning.
You should have given him a massive stink palm!
yea that's him.

i remember my co workers were getting all 'worked up' over not meeting the guy. I just didnt give a shit, i put on a fake smile, shook his hand... he was in and out of the line in the kitchen in all of 10 seconds

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders