1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

I am starting a cannabis accessories company

Discussion in 'Cannabis Forum' started by alexd, Feb 8, 2019.

1. alexd

alexd Administrator Staff Member

I don't want to sell the cannabis. It is the ancillary businesses that interest me. The accessories.

Over the last six months, I have been quietly designing 2 lines of products. Both lines are in production now, the first of which should be available for sale toward the end of March.

My main goal was to produce my products in Canada, of the finest Canadian sourced materials. Designed & Made in Canada. Immediately I discovered how few things are made in Canada anymore. What an adventure it has been to find Canadian producers and makers for these new products. I had to dust off old forgotten craftsmen, and bring people out of retirement in order to get the kind of quality I wanted.

It is an ideal time for new cannabis related businesses in Canada now. Start one. We can leverage this legal cannabis thing to invent and develop new products to sell to the rest of the planet.

All the weird shit I have learned throughout my life seems to have come together in a focal point for this project. Photography, magazine publishing, pipe making, psychotherapy, jewelry making, treasure hunting, internet technologist... This strange, mixed-bag life has me seeing niches everywhere.

Starting something from nothing is hard, but if you have done it once before it is easier.

I know the most random assortment of smart and creative people. When you are as old as I am, I guess, you meet them and they add up. This is the first time in my business life that I've reached out to nearly all my friends for their impressions of different elements at various stages of this project.

And now that the designs have been locked down and the first units are in production. I have to think about marketing. I will post updates here as the launch gets closer.

Bernnie Federko likes this.
  2. catilyst

catilyst TRIBE Member

Holy Tease!

3. Mondieu

Mondieu TRIBE Member

Huge market. Very populated. Mostly garbage. I look forward to seeing what you’re offering. It’s gotta be something pretty special, if you’re willing to lead-off with 100% vague - backed by “When you’re as old as I am”. Lol!

4. Re: Shoe

Re: Shoe TRIBE Member

Shoot me a PM if you want a west coast sales/marketing rep.

5. ndrwrld

ndrwrld TRIBE Member

6. alexd

7. acheron

acheron TRIBE Member

You'll need to enlist the services of some Instragram influencers who will promote your products while wearing bikinis.

8. alexd

Not going that route for this new line. Not really the vibe I am going for from the outset.

Mondieu likes this.
  9. Mondieu

Mondieu TRIBE Member

Total respect for this decision. Love to see what you’ve got happening that stands apart and above!

10. derek

derek TRIBE Member

The 'chair-girl' is pretty lit right now

11. alexd

I am so excited! I will have my first product in my hand in a week's time!

12. praktik

praktik TRIBE Member

As a heavy cannabis user, I am interested in your forthcoming products and wish to subscribe to your newsletter!

13. ndrwrld

ndrwrld TRIBE Member

14. alexd

A little more detail. I am launching 2 different lines of products, both are primarily aimed at the US market but will also be available here.

15. alexd

Super good news today. I've received permission, in principal, to use Canada's National Precious Metals Mark on my qualifying products.

16. catilyst

catilyst TRIBE Member

So, some sort of (wearable?) pipe or smoking/vaping tool, made from metals you have recovered within Canada, possibly as apart of a larger weed related holistic package? Throw us a bone here lol.